Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2019, 01:35 PM   #1
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Replacement for sewer pull hatch door???

We just picked up our 3741FK last night, and they told us that the front hatch door had to be replaced, because is was broke. It was replaced before we did our PDI. However, on the way home, we actually LOST the replacement door that they put on! The frame is there, but the door is gone. I don't know what they did wrong.

I'll take it back, and have them fix it, but those doors are cheesy, and I don't see them lasting long term anyway.

Has anyone else had issues with these doors, and if so, what have you found as suitable replacements???

CADman_KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 05:00 PM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Hatch doors

I think you are referring to your front compartment baggage door (sewer pull - not sure what that is). Sounds like they failed to install the rear “stop” screw in the hinge extrusion, and then failed to make sure the latch was adjusted properly to actually lock the door in place. You took off and the latch came undone - then the door started flopping in the wind and worked its way off the hinge extrusion and onto the side of the road. Check the side and skirt to see if the door damaged or scratched anything else and you can have the fix those scrapes too!

And in 8 to 12 short weeks you will get your unit back from the dealer...just kidding...maybe four short weeks.

Also - I think every RV maker uses doors just like that one. I have never seen them any different. I bought one for my Alpenlite 15 yrs ago from a company called Kinro - but they are all just alike. The hinge extrusion will be the same also...they are all just alike.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 06:29 PM   #3
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
I don't think there's any way to adjust this door. It's a little door, about 8" high by 12" wide. It is a plastic door, and had a plastic latch on it that doesn't lock, just has a turn knob on the outside.

I quickly looked, and I didn't see any scratches, but I will definitely check. I still don't see the replacement lasting all that long. It is a really flimsy door...
Old 10-12-2019, 06:28 AM   #4
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
You are talking about the door on the compartment where you store your sewer hoses. They are pretty flimsy. If the frame for that door isn't installed perfectly square the thumb latch won't properly engage. I wouldn't go back to the dealer for that since you can buy one off amazon for about $20. I've helped others by building up the latch lever with duct tape.
Old 10-12-2019, 06:51 AM   #5
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcol View Post
You are talking about the door on the compartment where you store your sewer hoses. They are pretty flimsy. If the frame for that door isn't installed perfectly square the thumb latch won't properly engage. I wouldn't go back to the dealer for that since you can buy one off amazon for about $20. I've helped others by building up the latch lever with duct tape.
I looked on Amazon, and I couldn't find this door, but I didn't know for sure what to call it. I'll try looking under sewer hose door on Amazon, and see if that gets me anything. Thanks!

This is not where the sewer hoses store on this unit. This unit has the tube along the side that you store the hose, but it could be the same type of door used for actually storing the sewer hose. What's behind this door is the pull for the dump valve.

This is a picture of the door that is in question: not a picture of ours, since our door is missing

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	443
Size:	252.4 KB
ID:	4836  
Old 10-12-2019, 10:13 AM   #6
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
On mine that is where the sewer hoses are stored. Regardless of what's behind it same type door. W/O the measurements on yours not sure what will fit but saw several on Amazon that might work. Look under RV sewer hose storage door. If nothing there try Trekwood. Tweetys.com is also a possibility. Sending them your picture with measurements may produce a match.
Old 10-12-2019, 11:39 AM   #7
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
when you get it install it hinge side up. you can guess how I know
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 04:24 PM   #8
Relaxin
Established Member

M.O.C. #25529
Sewer Pull Hatch Door 3671FL

Hi Gang!! Towing a 3761FL. The high quality heavy duty sewer pull compartment door blew off yesterday and left me with a gaping hole in the side of the rig. Searched for replacement info on this thread but links no longer work. Has anyone found a replacement? Please share your research with a frustrated fellow Montana owner!
Relaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 06:24 PM   #9
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Click here
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 07:18 PM   #10
Relaxin
Established Member

M.O.C. #25529
Excellent! Thank you!