Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
SUBSAILOR
Established Member

M.O.C. #6943
black tank ??

Has anyone else found there is no support under tank? We were having a leak underneath the 5th while flushing. Repairman came out and found no support under black tank and it had cracked out. He said there was another Montana in the park that had the same problems.
The manufacturer recommends support under the tank & Keystone has not been doing it. We have a 2007 3295 Montana.
Thanks
Ed

SUBSAILOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:17 PM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Ed,
Yes. A number of folks have found that the tanks are not secured well. It is not just the black tank but all tanks. I've had to work on all my tanks at one time or another and found that they all are only minimally secured. Someone reported that the tank folks recommend that the tanks be strapped in their positions. Keystone does not use straps.

We have placed additional support under one of the tanks. The others were OK with adding a few screws to the supports.

None of the problems with the tanks were caused by improper support.

By the way one of our MOC members actually lost their water tank while traveling in Alaska. It fell out of its supports and was dragging on the ground! Keystone was great in rushing a replacement tank to them and paying for replacing it.

Good luck on getting yours secured properly.

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:40 AM   #3
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
That's interesting about no support under the tanks. When we had a grey tank leak (or so we thought), I had them pull the tank to check it. They had an almost impossible time getting it out. I then asked them to check the supports under all the tanks and they assured me that they were all supported extremely well. I wonder if the older units were made "just a little bit better" since there wasn't as much rush to get them out the door.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote