Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2009, 08:03 AM   #1
msmoonsatx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6700
Whale Watching in the Northwest

We are planning on being in the Seattle area in July. We would appreciate any suggestions on tours or boat trips for viewing whales.

msmoonsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:39 PM   #2
49merc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6266
Go to Anacortes and take one of the boats out there. I'll have to post later which one but we've gone 3 times and loved every second of it,The first trip we saw no whales so they gave us a coupon to come back anytime on them including parking. They guarantee whale sightings. The next trip a week later we parked right in the middle of a large pod of Orca's. Fantastic experience. This last fall we went back to them again and ended up with 3 pods of Orca's. The crew watched for the most active group and we followed with them. They were heading the same direction so we rode with them for quite a while. Probably about the neatest thing I've ever done. I beleive it was Island Adventures. If I'm wrong I'll post again.
Bob
49merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
rving2us
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7880
We have gone on two whale watch cruises, one was out of Everett; the Mosqueto Fleet and the boat and cruise was a great one. We saw plenty of animals and the boat was big enought to handle the crowd. The second cruise was with Argosy out of Seattle, we saw animals and had a few hours in Friday Harbor for lunch and a walk around but the boat was to small, we had seven people in our party and they put us in a booth not big enough for four people. I hope this information will help you.
rving2us is offline   Reply With Quote