Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2006, 09:00 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Cup holders for wall

A small item, but for couch or chair comfort, pretty handy.
The first picture is of some I made, I have one, and gave one to my good friend, Michael; (Snfexpress)
I picked up Two of the second and third pictures from Kmart for $3.00 or so, I guess office supply stores probably have them as well.
I need to notch a handle relief in them, for our favorite coffee cups, have to mount one for Sue, (I gave hers to Michael)
Easier to buy them from the store, than make them, sand them, stain them, varnish them.....
The color actually matches well.
Wooden cup holders:
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...1/100_0695.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...1/100_0693.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...1/100_0694.jpg

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 10:58 AM   #2
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Nice job Ozz. Did you screw them into a fixed wall or a slide wall? How difficult is it to find a stud or do you use molly screws?

Drive careful on your upcoming trip and enjoy.

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 12:51 PM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanks, Don.
I just screwed into the panel wall next to the couch on the slide wall using 2 screws, it holds nicely, my beers are light Beers........
Old 12-28-2006, 02:26 PM   #4
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Ozz, I didn't know Corona made a light beer!!!!! And you better have a bunch with you when we see your rig in Branson. I think we will have plenty of time to put a few down while our DWs are looking at all your mods! By the way, I'm kinda lazy when it comes to going into the rig everytime to get another, I carry a 2.6cf fridge that sets OUTSIDE, get the picture. Have you found any SOL yet?
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:23 PM   #5
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Not yet, Steve, it is really windy here, my wind spinner is about to take the Monte with it! I gotta get outta here! A few more days now.
I gotta admit, I'm cheating on the Corona's, I'm drinking Miller Lite with Lime, the Corona's were kicking my behind, lightweight, you know....
Sue's still drinking them; she's tough.
Good idea on the 'frig, make it easier for me to cabbage onto one of your beers!
Ozz
Old 12-28-2006, 11:15 PM   #6
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Ozz, the only thing about the outside fridge that bothers me is I'm afraid maybe some kids might get into it over night. I'm not worried about adult campers but sometimes at night, you see some, usually young boys, roaming around the cgs. I've been bringing the outside fridge for a long time and no trouble, but I worry about the first time. I don't want the kids to get into trouble because of my laziness, know what I mean Hershal! When you do cabbage into it, you will find Bud Select, long story on that, will talk about it over some!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 07:48 AM   #7
Rocky2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2840
Put a padlock on the fridge - don't think it would be that hard.

That would at least slow the kids down and make them noisy.

Laura

Rocky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 09:15 AM   #8
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Yea, but give the combo numbers to the MOC members?
Old 12-29-2006, 03:06 PM   #9
Montana Rog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6103
Hi Ozz,I too am a retired electrician. If you put a price on all your mods, how much would your rig cost? I have done a few mods..mostly things to make it warmer in winter and cooler in summer. I had wet insulation under the bedroom floor, ripped that out and installed eurethane with foil on both sides. Insulated the entire basement. Put doors on all the unused storage areas, Fixed a multitude of bad workmanship issues, and am in the process of putting white beadboard in the bathroom. Wife says having a fruit border in the toilet room is a no no..Yet to do, is remove the microwave and support back, and make it level with the rest of the unit. My 6 yr old grandson could have done a better job of putting that in! I have the outlet installed in the basement too. I will never catch you, but I enjoy reading what you have accomplished. When my work is done on this one, it will be time to look for another one and start on that. As a construction electrician, it is in our blood to build or die. I'm not ready to die yet and I have not run out of money yet to stop. I do have a security system,which is a infrared wireless camera that works really good. I am going to order "Rex the Barking Dog" He has a sensor that knows when someone is outside your Monty, and starts barking. He "senses" through walls. and starts growling and finally sounds like an attack dog. You don't have to feed him, comes with a remote, and I doubt if any intruder would take a chance of prying open your door with a 100db mad dog behind your door. You can set the sensitivity also. Oh...one more question..what does your rig weigh? Do you pull it with a Peterbuilt? ha ha..
Montana Rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 06:21 PM   #10
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Quote:
quote:Ozz Posted - Dec 29 2006 : 4:15:30 PM
Yea, but give the combo numbers to the MOC members?
The Secret MOC numbers are: 1,2,3,4.

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 09:34 PM   #11
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
If you put a lock on the fridge they might take the whole fridge. Then you would have to wait until the store opens to get more beer and put the beer in the inside fridge
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 03:08 AM   #12
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Montana Rog

Hi Ozz,I too am a retired electrician. If you put a price on all your mods, how much would your rig cost? I have done a few mods..mostly things to make it warmer in winter and cooler in summer. I had wet insulation under the bedroom floor, ripped that out and installed eurethane with foil on both sides. Insulated the entire basement. Put doors on all the unused storage areas, Fixed a multitude of bad workmanship issues, and am in the process of putting white beadboard in the bathroom. Wife says having a fruit border in the toilet room is a no no..Yet to do, is remove the microwave and support back, and make it level with the rest of the unit. My 6 yr old grandson could have done a better job of putting that in! I have the outlet installed in the basement too. I will never catch you, but I enjoy reading what you have accomplished. When my work is done on this one, it will be time to look for another one and start on that. As a construction electrician, it is in our blood to build or die. I'm not ready to die yet and I have not run out of money yet to stop. I do have a security system,which is a infrared wireless camera that works really good. I am going to order "Rex the Barking Dog" He has a sensor that knows when someone is outside your Monty, and starts barking. He "senses" through walls. and starts growling and finally sounds like an attack dog. You don't have to feed him, comes with a remote, and I doubt if any intruder would take a chance of prying open your door with a 100db mad dog behind your door. You can set the sensitivity also. Oh...one more question..what does your rig weigh? Do you pull it with a Peterbuilt? ha ha..
Hi Rog,
The dog idea is unique, might work!
As for the price of my rig, I don't know, to me, priceless. If one were to pay me for my hours spent working on it....a large pile of cash. You know how construction hour costs mount up.
I'm glad you understand about me working on my unit almost non stop. There may come a time that I look around and see no more improvements to be made, maybe I'll ask Keystone to give me a new something for me to rebuild...............
My Gross weight was 22960 for the rig on the way here, a couple of hundred pounds maybe on top of that.
Sounds like you are making good progress with your list as well.
Take care, Ozz
Old 01-01-2007, 02:24 PM   #13
Montana Rog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6103
Hi Ozz..Looks like you are about 9,660 lbs over weight! What you run for rubber? Empty weight is 11,800 with a useful load of 2440. Added up, it's 13240lbs. Subtract that from 24900 which you estimated it weighed and I get 9660lbs overweight! I admit I am not very good at math..but I must be close! How's it pull? Anyway, I do like your mods!I gotta get to work on something tomorrow. Holiday is over, I got material today! Rog
Old 01-02-2007, 12:08 PM   #14
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Gross includes the truck.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:11 PM   #15
Montana Rog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6103
Oh..you had me worried about all that weight..would say something good for the frame though if it held all that!