Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2011, 07:14 PM   #1
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Yellowstone ?

Folks we will be here till around the 25th +or-. Then back south and we would like to spend a few days somewhere close enough to the park to drive in and still be able to aford a site. I have cked on a site in Island park Idaho thats PA. If you have a suggestion I would love to hear it. Might be able to do Grand Teton at the same time. Thanks
Bobby

scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by scductman

Folks we will be here till around the 25th +or-. Then back south and we would like to spend a few days somewhere close enough to the park to drive in and still be able to aford a site. I have cked on a site in Island park Idaho thats PA. If you have a suggestion I would love to hear it. Might be able to do Grand Teton at the same time. Thanks
Bobby
Hey Bubba (had to do that). You must mean Valley View RV park. Sitting there right now, leaving on Wednesday to go back to West Yellowstone for 16 Days at a dry camp site.

BTW: are you from Florence?
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:28 AM   #3
RickW
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9139
The West Yellowstone area is going to offer you the most options. Staying in West Yellowstone you are just outside the west gate. The road construction is now finished on the Brand Loop between West Yellowstone & Norris so there is no more road construction delays in the are.

Down side is you are "in season" so the closer you get to the park the more $$$ you will spend, especially for full hookups. Likely in the $50/night range.
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:28 AM   #4
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Thanks Rick You are right about the money!!
Bigmurf you are at valley view now? Thats where I was looking at what do you think? we would be there for a few days to a week then on to utah and vegas then east. the wife has to start and finish a trip in pigeon forge. LOL. Yes I live right outside of Florence. If you are OK with the place there let me know and I will reserve a spot. Thanks again
Bobby
Old 07-12-2011, 12:27 PM   #5
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Bobby, We stayed at Valley View a couple years ago and paid $20.00/night PA rate. No amenities I can remember except a large laundromat that is used by many near there. About a 14 mile drive to the West entrance, but we had a nice level site, fhu's and a nice view of Henry's lake. There is a nice place in the town of West Yellowstone but they wanted $58.00 a night back then. We stayed a week and figured we saved quite a bit even having to pay the extra for diesel into and around the park. SRegele stayed at a place further off the road around Henry's lake and liked it a lot.....Enjoy the park.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #6
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
Bobby: We paid $175.00 for a week here (PA rate). Like Phil said no pool, no play ground, little bit of traffic during the daytime. Haven't had to sleep with the windows open yet. Wi-Fi is ok. Does ESAB mean anything to you?
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:22 PM   #7
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Thanks Phil I have made the decision we will call tomorrow.
Bigmurf I am old I don't need a playground LOL. I do know about ESAB. I worked for a HVAC co for 38 yrs and we did alot of work out there for along time. still have some friends there. We had the main office in florence one in myrtle beach and columbia. I ran the sheet metal dept at all 3 from 1990 till 09. Again Thanks to you and Phil for the info on the CG its always better to get it from folks that have been there.
Bobby