Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2013, 03:32 PM   #1
Sharhu
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12737
Love Our Montana

Don't know if this is the right forum but we are so happy and excited about our Montana, I just want to tell everyone.

When we purchased our Montana in late August, it had been 10 years since we had last camped and that was in a small travel trailer. We were excited but nervous about our decision to get back into it especially with something as big as a 5th wheel. We were able to fit in a couple weekend trips to a campgrounds 1 ½ hr away in the fall and enjoyed them. We went on 3 weekend trips this spring also within 1 ½ ride. Now I feel like we have hit the “big time” and are vacationing at Myrtle Beach Travel Park a whole lot further away from our Pennsylvania home.

So nice to not be packing up to leave after two nights!! A lot of firsts for us on the way down. We didn’t leave until after work on Friday so we ended up stopping near midnight for a short overnight at a Wal-Mart just below Richmond. My DH has now had the experience of maneuvering the truck and rig through rush hour traffic, and into a couple truck stops and a larger HESS for fuel. With our short trips he could fuel up before hitching up and be go to go. We know we want to get auxiliary tanks now so we don’t need to stop so often. He really enjoyed that beer after we got settled into the campsite and he could relax after that first long trip pulling the RV. We had lunch in the RV at a rest stop on the way down.

We just love, love, love our Montana. It is the best decision we could have made to purchase the one we did and get back into “camping”. Love the floor plan; it works so well for us. Love the Level Up system we had installed. Love waking up each morning in our “vacation home on wheels”. We even ended up with a great site at the Myrtle Beach Travel Park, one site away from the walkway to the beach. We can watch the waves from our site. I noticed a couple other Montanas in the park. Love the fact we still have a few more days before we have to head home. Hopefully in another year or so we will be retiring and can plan to come back and spend the whole month here. I have a long list of places we want to go in our Montana. At least we have a few more weekend trips planned for this summer and a week up near Cape Cod in August to look forward to. For now we are just enjoying every day in our Montana.
Sharhu is offline   Reply With Quote