Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2018, 05:52 PM   #1
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Mountain Valley RV Resort - Heber City UT

We are spending a week in Heber City and have already been here a couple of days. We are not anti-social but the schedule for the Utah Spring Rally did not work for us.

Whoever picked the location and campground for the rally did a great job.

Mountain Valley RV Resort is a great place. Level concrete pads with full hookups. Wifi and cable work great. For those that have bypassed their cable splitters to hook up Dish they may want to consider hooking them back up to use cable. Everything is super clean. Trash is picked up from your site daily. The better sites IMHO are not in the adults only section as many of those sites are all concrete with no grass. The family section has more grass which is perfectly manicured.

Lots of great things to do in the area. Day 1 we drove to Mirror Lake which is about an hour SE. Great scenery and really cool up above 10,000 feet. Dave 2 was old town Park City. We are still working an ATV trip, zip lining and a show of the Mormon Choir.

We are here through mid week, if you have any specific questions - please ask.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 06:03 PM   #2
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Yep that’s what I say. If your asking folks to drive several hundred miles to a rally go first class!! Nothing worse than arriving to find a second rate campground with unlevel or out of date sites. Especially if they are 30 amp sites!

The difference in price between top notch sites and minimal sites is insignificant compared to travel expenses. And if the amenities are far superior it is well worth it!!
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 06:21 PM   #3
Rookey
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19613
Thanks for the infor AZ Traveler. This is our first MOC get-together and really look forward to it. My wife has family at Heber City and I have a cousin at Park City yet we cant get much information out of them. Was curious if there are any bike trails in the immediate vicinity? Was also curious about Sundance and Dinosaur National Monument (although it looks to be 200 miles away)? Thanks for any information.

2018 Montana Legacy 3160RL
2017 GMC Sierra 3500 Denali Duramax, CC, 4x4
Rookey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 06:48 PM   #4
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookey View Post
Thanks for the infor AZ Traveler. This is our first MOC get-together and really look forward to it. My wife has family at Heber City and I have a cousin at Park City yet we cant get much information out of them. Was curious if there are any bike trails in the immediate vicinity? Was also curious about Sundance and Dinosaur National Monument (although it looks to be 200 miles away)? Thanks for any information.
For bike trails check out https://www.mtbproject.com/directory/8010496/heber-city . Doesn't appear to be any right outside the park but still fairly close.

Neither Sundance or Dinosaur National Monument are very close for a short day trip.

Old 06-08-2018, 07:01 PM   #5
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
Yep that’s what I say. If your asking folks to drive several hundred miles to a rally go first class!! Nothing worse than arriving to find a second rate campground with unlevel or out of date sites. Especially if they are 30 amp sites!

The difference in price between top notch sites and minimal sites is insignificant compared to travel expenses. And if the amenities are far superior it is well worth it!!
Jim,

This place is one of the lower cost parks on this trip but by far the nicest - less than $50 a night. We have 50 amp but not really needed here as the temps are not requiring much A/C. We got out on the snow on day 1. We have actually been using the heater in the morning.

Old 06-08-2018, 07:04 PM   #6
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Traveler View Post
Jim,

This place is one of the lower cost parks on this trip but by far the nicest - less than $50 a night. We have 50 amp but not really needed here as the temps are not requiring much A/C. We got out on the snow on day 1. We have actually been using the heater in the morning.
$50 isn't bad at all for a rally location. But I have seen rally planners fret over $30 per night.....just sayin

We didn't have a spring here. It went from snow to 90F......and the humidity is high in this part of the country!
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 07:18 PM   #7
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
$50 isn't bad at all for a rally location. But I have seen rally planners fret over $30 per night.....just sayin

We didn't have a spring here. It went from snow to 90F......and the humidity is high in this part of the country!
Jim,

Thats why your rig has wheels to let you get away from the heat and humidity.

Old 06-08-2018, 07:21 PM   #8
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
Sundance is less than 20 minutes from Heber City. Dinosaur NM is in Vernal Utah about 120 miles; easy 2 hour drive. Salt Lake City 40 minutes. Provo 25 minutes. Nice stuff to see in all of them.
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 04:16 PM   #9
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Mike and Scott,

Scott is right - I was thinking of the Sundance in Wyoming. We visited Sundance today, its a great place close to Heber.

Lift is open which will drag your mountain bike and you to the top to ride back down. Nice taco stand, deli and restaurant there.

Old 06-10-2018, 10:13 AM   #10
Rookey
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19613
Thanks all. I thought Sundance was right around the bend. Sounds like a nice place to checkout.

2018 Montana Legacy 3160RL
2017 GMC Sierra 3500 Denali Duramax, CC, 4x4
Rookey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 01:05 PM   #11
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookey View Post
T Was curious if there are any bike trails in the immediate vicinity?
I don't bike much, but there are trails and paths all around. I think there is a bike path that runs most of the way from Deer Creek through Provo Canyon; going past Bridal Veil Falls. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridal_Veil_Falls_(Utah)

Probably lots of paths & trails around Midway, Park City & Heber City.
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote