Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #41
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
We have used AS for several years and found it acceptable. I went downstairs and checked our latest large package purchase. The label says "septic tank safe for convential sytems". I wonder is our MOnty system a convential system? I will do some research to see if I continue to use AS. So far I feel we have to find a different brand.

sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #42
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
There is one option no one has mentioned. There are some countries that don't use TP at all. Of course they don't eat using a certain hand, but they would probably have working gauges and little problem with their valves
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:40 AM   #43
Flymutt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12223
Almost one thousand people have read this thread...WOW! Must be important to a lot of people.
Flymutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:17 AM   #44
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Flymutt, in response to your post on the AS not breaking down- you will not find any toilet paper that breaks down instantly but as Carol has said the use of a lot of water is important to any blacktank. It does take a bit for the tp to breakdown but it will do it UNLESS you use the tp that has a strong bonding agent. As I've said I use Happy Camper additive to all my tanks and that, as well as other additives, help to break things down also. While we were at the Good Sam Rally in Louisville, KY they had a seminar on the tanks and the lady that put on the seminar uses 20 Muleteam Borax to clean her tanks. They used it to clear the tanks and the sensors. They said they use it between stops especially and add a cup of Borax to the tanks and fill them about 1/3 full and let the mixture work as they drive down the road. They have never had a problem with the sensors on their unit but that is another title for another forum post!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:01 AM   #45
CmdrDewey
Montana Master

M.O.C. #433
X2
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

We have used Scott's single ply for years and to-date have not experienced any problems. This is evidenced by our dumping with the use of a clear elbow to monitor what is dumped. The Scott's single ply has always visibly disintegrated and is barely noticable during the dump process.
bingo
CmdrDewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:37 AM   #46
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

We have used Scott's single ply for years and to-date have not experienced any problems. This is evidenced by our dumping with the use of a clear elbow to monitor what is dumped. The Scott's single ply has always visibly disintegrated and is barely noticable during the dump process.
bingo
DITTO
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:11 AM   #47
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Have been using Scott's single-ply for a week now. It breaks down just like AS used to. It breaks down fairly rapidly once it hits the water.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote