Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2010, 09:37 AM   #1
lbyoung

M.O.C. #8972
moisture in slide out corner

We have a 3400RL. I dropped something behind the chair in the inner corner at the table end and when I retrieved it I discovered that there was moisture on the item! Upon investigation, we found moisture in the carpet at the corner and evidence of moisture damage to the wall. We have searched and examined the slideout, inside and out, and see no apparent cause. When it rains we continue to have moisture at the bottom where the carpet meets the wall, just in the corner and for a short ways along the end, not the side, of the slideout. Has anyone else had the same problem? If so, do you have any suggestions about how to determine the cause and/or a possible fix for the leak? (You might want to pull out your chairs and check the corner of your slideout!) Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated.

lbyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:27 PM   #2
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
I have had mostiure on the slide on the road side by the tv set .. i had it at north trail rv for a week and they cannot get it to leak.. "they say the holes at the bottom of the small cup like at the wood of the slide is not draining out as maybe dirt in the 1/4" hole in that piece so they drilled a 1/2" hole as if the rubber does not stop all the water on a hard rain behind it is a gutter like piece that runs down to this small cup like area and if it fills up it wicks into the carpet"" that was there finding on the deal that cost me a 100.00 to get this knowalge,,, i feal there is more to it and at the next rally in goshen i will ask the rite people.. on the insde lift the carpet by the wood trim and under that is a rubber piece and below that is this small cup like dish... sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:49 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
There are probably several possibilities but we find if the outside seal is curled under and it rains we will get water inside every time. Might be something to check. Good luck. Water leak issues can be tough to diagnose.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:18 PM   #4
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
I had this problem on my main slide behind the couch. They had to take off the metal trim piece on the outside of the slide where the side meets the bottom. They took all of the silicone off and resealed it. This fixed my problem. I hope it helps you.

Phil
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:32 PM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
The outer seal should have no bearing on the seal of the slide when it is out. There is a seal around the "box" that fits snug up against the frame. The outer seal is a "wiper seal" and is used to remove moisture when retracting the slide.

On a dark night, have someone inside shine a flashlight beam around the inside frame of the slide. You should not see any light outside, in my thinking.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote