Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2009, 01:25 PM   #1
dersequim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #549
Galley Drain

I am getting ready to go camping for a few days. While flushing the Freashwater Tank and Water after doing the Bleach treatment.I went to Dump the Tanks. The Galley shows 1/2 full? Pulled the Handle and felt resistance as usual, but nothing came out. Pushed it back in and it feels like there is resistance but the valve doesn't open.

Could it of rotated loose, if it has a screw-in connection or would it of just pulled apart? I tried twisting it back in while pushed in
without an luck!

dersequim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:44 PM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
The handle does screw on and off. Once it comes off it can be difficult getting it back on. You may have to pull the belly pan down to be able to see up there. Not completely down but just enough to be able to reach in.
When this happen to me I also put a nut on the shaft to act as a lock nut. After that I had no more problems. The nut will be a 7/16th 1/4X20 thread.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:31 PM   #3
dersequim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #549
Thanks! I'll give it a shot.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:01 PM   #4
dersequim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #549
WEEELLLL! Got the bellypan opened and got it back together. THANKS!

Now for the GOOD part! Found that the Shackle Bolt on that side was ALMOST OUT! Saved a BIG MESS!
I guess you would call that the Silverlinning.

A couple of years back someone did a changeover to Dexter Shackles and posted a step by step Thread/with Pic's. Anyone recall. I'll try the search feature .

Did the search and everything that came up was 2009 postings. Same info no pic's of the change-out.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:14 AM   #5
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I may be wrong, but I thought Mor/ryde had the wet bolt shackles? Or both Dexter and Mor/ryde? I was getting ready to call Mor/ryde tomorrow. Mine are worn and my tech said he would only charge me $60 labor to change them out. May have to tip him...

Maybe another topic?
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:51 PM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Dave.. The wet bolt kit is a dexter product but Mor- Ryde does sell them. I got my kit through Mor-Ryde at the fall rally. Gary Wheeler from Mor-Ryde is here at the Escapee rally. I think he is who you would call. I will ask him Tomorrow and give you a call.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:27 PM   #7
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks, Rich! I was just going to ask for a phone number. I'll wait for your call. BTW I just sent an email to you.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote