Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2008, 08:38 AM   #1
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
adjusting the slides

I have been reading and looking for the post I read some time ago posted by our great friends from Lippert on the step by step of how to adjust the slides. my kitchen and entertainment slides dont go all the way out when they stop I can rock them, the seals just touch and the other slides are compressed flat anyone know the link?

Thanks
Bob

Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:19 AM   #2
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
Bob, I also tried to do a search and could not find it. If memory serves me correctly the user was MIMF2 that posted the instructions. I also tried to search on that name and came up empty. Maybe if you try sending him a PM you can get your answer.
Bob
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:49 PM   #3
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
It was in the archives, under slide adjustment, author- MIMF.

Skip

http://montanaadministrator.forumco.com/
topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=25418
&SearchTerms=slide,adjustment
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:38 PM   #4
jpbcny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4571
This may be what you're looking for: Lippert Hydraulic Slideout Manual

JP
jpbcny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:41 AM   #5
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
Thank you all, I had searched arcives with no luck. I am printing both and making link on the computer for future use.

Thanks again
Bob
Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:52 PM   #6
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Word of warning ... on the Lippert Hydraulic Slideout Manual pages 9 & 10, the photos showing the nuts on the cylinder ram are NOT correct! If you notice on your unit as from the factory there is a gap of an inch or more between the outer locknut and inner jam nuts ... that's not a misadjusted slide ram, but the way it is supposed to be. Basically you want the ram physically to extend and retract fully in both directions and seal correctly at the same time. If you tighten up the 3 nuts on the ram as in the manual photos, this will cause more problems than you already have including broken parts. PM MIMF2 for good and precise instructions.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:18 AM   #7
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
I had a similar problem with my Keystone Sprinter.....I inspected it underneath and found that.......the brackets for the slide had come loose and were close to disconnecting from the frame.....and.......the hydraulic cylinder anchor bolt on the opposite side of the ram had come loose and was within 2 or 3 turns of coming apart.......I also saw another one that wast he same and that gentleman was able to fix his via a wrench.....IF you are interested go to the keystone-camping.com and read my sticky on slides in the sprinter thread......
Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote