Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2012, 04:57 AM   #1
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Need AutoBody Shop in Denver Area ASAP for a Car

We are hoping someone can point us in the direction of an reputable auto body shop in the Denver, CO area.

We are in California and one of our children has been going to school in Denver. Their car was hit by a driver under-the-influence last night when it was parked on the street over in the Littleton area. Our child was not in the car.

Thankfully someone called the police and they were able to arrest the driver while he was lecturing the onlookers to not "snitch" on him to the police. His female passenger ran from the scene. They are lucky to be alive themselves as their car ended up flipping after hitting several cars.

Thanks for any help.

Doug & Margee Hatton
margeehatton@hotmail.com

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
Hank's Auto Body has a good reputation, and Hampden Auto Body has done good work for my father in law in the past. Glad your kids are OK.
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Thanks Eugene!

We'll check them out first thing in the morning. We need to have the car towed to somewhere so this will help us. It's also registered to us here in California so everyone so far has only wanted to talk with us, not our "young adult" child (who isn't savvy in dealing with something like this anyways).

I have a feeling a trip to Denver is in my nearby future!
Old 02-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #4
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Thanks to Eugene (ScatterShot) who responded on here and all those that responded by email with suggestions for AutoBody & Repair shops in the Denver area.

We called the suggested shops that were too far away to have the car towed to and asked them who they would refer a car to (in the area that we need) and have pretty much narrowed it down to a shop that happens to be a few blocks away from where the car is.

We really appreciate your time and suggestions!
Old 02-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #5
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
For what it's worth, I always take mine into the body shop at the car dealer. They work on their own products enough that I figure they should know what they're doing. Also, one time when I went to trade a truck in, the sales lady came back and said they couldn't give me what I was asking for trade in because the truck had been in an accident. I told she was right, and if there was anything wrong with it, she could take it right back to their body shop because they were the ones who fixed it. I got what I was asking for trade in.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #6
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Update:

We found out the kid who hit our daughter's car was drunk, didn't have any insurance AND had just broke into someone's home.

Thanks to Scattershot in Denver for the recommendation of Hank's Auto Body in Littleton, CO. Hank's Auto Body also happened to be on an "approved" list from the insurance company and had many other good recommendations online.

Hank's called us every other day with updates and they were easy to work with. Car was done on time and looks great. Total damage was just under $7,000.

Now Scattershot.... since you helped get our daughter's car fixed, can you help her (she's a new grad RN) get a job in a Denver area hospital? ? *LOL

Thanks again for your recommendation.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #7
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
I love to hear about MOC members helping other members!
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:04 AM   #8
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
If your daughter does not yet have a position, have her check with a temp agency. RN's are in demand everywhere. Especially ones that can travel and do short-term jobs (at a high pay rate, plus per diem, plus free travel...) My first wife traveled to almost every island in Hawaii through a temp agency and loved it.

lasater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:20 AM   #9
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Thanks Lasater for the idea.... she's been trying that avenue also but unfortunately no one wants "new grad" nurses. She keeps getting turned down because she doesn't have at least one year of paid RN work experience in a hospital. Her former classmates are having trouble finding jobs also.

At least she has her car back, even if she can't afford gas.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #10
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
Well, since you asked, have her get on the Denver Health website. www.denverhealth.org. I have a friend who is an RN, and she says that they hire freshly minted RNs from time to time.

Good luck!
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #11
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Scattershot... our daughter would kill to work at Denver Health! She just recently applied there, had high hopes as they announced they were looking for new grads and then they are turning them down right away. Not sure if they already have their candidates picked out, or what. They might be turning down ADN credentials and maybe only taking those with a BSN. She needs a job soon. I don't want to have to sell my Montana to help support her until a job comes along. *Eck!
Old 03-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #12
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
tell her to look ar some of the hospitals in the surrounding towns i.e.boulder, Ft. Collins, etc. as they often need RN's. The novelty of working in Denver was there when I graduated 40+ years ago. Having a BSN does not give priority over ADN unless she is looking at some specialty nursing.
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:18 AM   #13
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
She's been applying everywhere (that is accepting applications) within an hours drive of Denver. Any further and she'd have to move closer to the job. Between the weather at times and the traffic, it'd be crazy to live too far from work.