Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2011, 09:01 AM   #21
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There is a backhoe in my next door neighbors back yard digging it up because his lower level flooded in the last storm a few days ago. they are down several feet and eveytime the bucket comes up water pours out of it. Seems his storm sewer and drain tile in the back yard was broken. We have no water table right now. When you step on the ground your foot print fills with water. It has not rained in @ 24 hours. I am amazed we are not flooded but the contractor next door says we are high and in good shape and what he is doing will help our drainage.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:47 AM   #22
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Miraculous happenings here in the neighbor state. The sun is shining?? I looked at the extended forecast on weather.com and it actually shows five of the next ten days without rain!!!! I have not seen a similar forecast for weeks. Hope they are right!! Glad everything is okay on the homefront Rich!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:39 PM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
It will not stop. Another round of Tornado warnings, Torrential rains, high winds, hail. We had a @ a 3 minute artillery barrage as the storm hit us. No thunder just bang bang bang. The contractor cut a swale between our house and next door to drain his back yards until they could get the new drains in and it saved the day as water was pouring down the swale down the sidewalk and down our driveway into the street. Reported 3 to 5 inches of rain. The Tv stations are still on reporting the conditions and the weather radio goes off every 15 minutes or so. There is another line on the way. The folks about 3/4 of a mile north of us and on the north side of the ridge are under water. It has got to stop raining.....there is no place for this water to go...
Old 05-25-2011, 05:05 PM   #24
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Rich, I know how you feel about the rain and Tornado warnings. Last night we had a knock on the door around 10:30 and it was a police officer telling us to take cover. We were in the path of a coming Tornado. There is no storm shelter in this camp ground. Now the choice, stay in the Montana or get in the truck. None of which you are suppose to do. Guess we could have got in the truck and tried to out run it. But wait it is dark and you can't see which way to go.

Having fun as a full timer in the Midwest.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:43 PM   #25
kramperD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8078
Rich - just came out of a bad one here in Mansfield. All of us lost power for the last 2 or 3 hours, used the generator to keep important things running. Can't keep track of Dick's lightening strike meter.....and sorry but it seems to keep heading your way. Got to stop sometime! Hang in there!
Old 05-26-2011, 03:28 AM   #26
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Not sure if this is a good idea or not but the 3400 is here on our property and we hooked the truck up to it figuring it would be harder to knock it over with the truck attached. Covered the truck with large tarp, placed old blankets, etc under it to soften the impact of hail..

Dino.. That same storm hit us hard, Can hear chain saws in the neighbor hood cleaning up..
Old 05-26-2011, 06:42 AM   #27
kramperD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8078
Rich- just spent over 3 hours in the basement sucking up water. In 14 years here, never have had water! And now looking up at the sky and then checking radar, more rain to come. Well, gotta get back downstairs with the dry vac!
Old 05-26-2011, 09:36 AM   #28
The Sunflowers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11398
Dino - Yikes! The basement is a couple of feet above the ground and it flooded?!?!

Oh, you don't mean the Monty, do you?

Sorry to hear of your problems. Hope nothing was damaged.
The Sunflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:46 PM   #29
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
OK.. We give up..we surrender..Mother nature you win. It did it again.This time hardly any lightening or thunder and very little wind just torrential rain.It came straight down for over 1/2 hour and I mean torrential. We were out on the tpk going to the mall and folks were pulling over. The wipers could not go fast enough. Just looked at weather underground and there is more stuff coming up from the south west. We are going camping for the long weekend don't care it we have to float the 3400 there.

However we are extremly lucky. We are dry. We are now in the middle of a marsh but dry.Get this a flock of Geese landed in our back yard. They think it is a lake.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:40 PM   #30
kramperD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8078
Lucky you! Is it geese hunting season yet up there?!! LOL! Hey, me? Looks like I don't have to head up to the lake to do some fishing this year....just need to walk down a few stairs and there you go! Hear thunder boomers now. As my Italian grandfather would say, "What-a-ya-gonna do?" . Go bail!!!! Wait, time to open up Newport Aquarium II.....only open seasonally!
Old 05-26-2011, 05:10 PM   #31
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
While we have thankfully been spared the tornados that much of the county has had, we are experiencing more wind, rain, and cold weather than Montana has seen in years. Today--May 26th--we got a snow shower at noon, followed by winds and rain. At Clark Canyon dam, 24 miles south of Dillon, winds in excess of 60 mph were clocked at 3:00 AM this morning. We were blown around in town, too. Ridiculous, having to wear jeans, sweaters, and boots this late in May, ridiculous. And the wind--every stinking day, wind, usually with rain, snow, or a mixture of both.

I want spring! I want summer! We're headed for the MOC rally at 7 Feathers next week, but according to the National Weather Service, things on the Oregon coast have been fairly cool and wet, too. Still, I bet we won't face damaging wind and snow out there.

Carolyn
KOA Campground, Dillon MT
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:39 PM   #32
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
97 and totally sunny here today. We did get a 1/2 inch rain last week. Windy every afternoon. Supposed to hit 100 this weekend and son is coming for a visit from San Diego. Swimming will be the big event, I'm sure.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #33
Jdrobone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9833
Finally had to turn the A/C on today. Had been warm enough earlier but had breezes. Now the humidity is back with still air.
Praise the Lord for A/C ! !
Jdrobone is offline   Reply With Quote