Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2009, 06:09 AM   #1
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
Cabinet Glass Backing

The glass backing paper stuff on the cabinet doors is peeling. I recall this was an issue discussed here before but I couldn't find it when I did a search. I need to find some solutions to fix the problem or even replace the backing paper stuff they have on them.

Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:09 AM   #2
Lambchop
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5793
I had the same issue on our 08 Montana.The dealer replaced all the glass with the plastic backing.
Now a year later, they are all bubbling again.

Simple fix: Take a hair dryer & apply a little heat to the bubbles. Then simply push out bubbles with your finger. This also works were it is coming off. Applying the heat reactivates the stickiness on the backing.

Hope that helps.

Roy
Lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:19 AM   #3
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
Thanks Roy!
We'll give that a try.

Karl
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:00 AM   #4
Texas5er
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7143
Had same problem on My 07 3075. Under warranty I took the unit back to the dealer to fix. His answer was to pull the plastic off the glass. I told him there is a sticker that says not to do that for safty reasons. His next suggestion was to cut them and they would adhere to the glass. I told him you would still be able to see the imperfection on the glass. Finally told him to contact Keystone, and he said he never heard of such a problem. Finally he called Keystone and they sent 13 new glass inserts for the doors. Keystone stated they had problems with an old supplier and had now a new supplier that was giving them a better product. It was plastic behind my glass not paper. It looks like a 6 year old caulked the new inserts. Have not had any further problems.
Texas5er is offline   Reply With Quote