Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-27-2009, 01:59 PM   #1
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Dometic Convection Microwave

Anyone have the Dometic DOTRC17B model in their unit?

I find that I have to use the 450 degree setting on convection to cook anything and so, today I put an oven thermometer in. After preheating to 450 degrees, which it didn't get to, I put a pan containing some ribs inside. At 450 degree setting, it only got up to 325 degrees after 17 minutes. Is this normal or should I get a replacement?

Thanks,

snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:26 PM   #2
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Mike, that is why we have had the unit replaced once and are in the process of having it done again. After we had it replaced last April in Savannah, Ga. it worked great and always got up to the required temp. Two weeks ago it ceased to function that way. It is now almost 200 degrees lower than set. We are not sure that the original one ever worked properly. We didn't start using it much till March and at that time it worked like yours. At the time the rig was 7 months old. So in answer to your question, yes, we have the DOTRC17BC Dometic convection/microwave and it also it acting like yours which it is not supposed to do. It should be at the set temp. So as soon as we can drag the rig up to Jackson TN we will get the oven replaced, not under Big Sky warranty but under the Dometic warranty. I called Dometic and they basically blew me off and said they only deal with the dealers... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:41 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Yes, we have the Dometic combo. I guess we haven't tested the indicated temperature. I did have to have my unit replaced because it was fried along with some other appliances by an electrical event. Dometic was very helpful and replaced the unit without hesitation. I worked through my dealer. It took 2-3 weeks to get a new unit to the dealer. The microwave function and the convection function have worked as we have expected.

I guess that if I develop this problem, I will call Dometic to discuss it with the tech support dept.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:19 PM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Exnavydiver,

Did they blow you off or did they tell you that a dealer needed to be in charge of the warranty determinations? Did they indicate warranty claims need to be pursued through certified service center? That is what I found, but they were not rude to me. I ask questions and they answered me, then I jumped through the hoops. Just military SOP.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote