Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2017, 06:20 PM   #1
Loneoak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19514
Brentwood mattress

There was a discussion a while ago about mattresses and somebody recommended the Brentwood mattress, available at Amazon. I looked it up:

https://www.amazon.com/Brentwood-Hom...ct_top?ie=UTF8

The reviews are very good. My only concern is that the mattress is 13" thick, and it appears the little night tables on either side of our king bed are 12" off the base of the bed.

Has anyone had an issue with this?I cannot find a Brentwood mattress that is less thick and is still a king size. We really like our king bed and are not willing to compromise on that issue.

2017 High Country 305RL
2015 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 06:58 PM   #2
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneoak View Post
There was a discussion a while ago about mattresses and somebody recommended the Brentwood mattress, available at Amazon. I looked it up:

The reviews are very good. My only concern is that the mattress is 13" thick, and it appears the little night tables on either side of our king bed are 12" off the base of the bed.

Has anyone had an issue with this?I cannot find a Brentwood mattress that is less thick and is still a king size. We really like our king bed and are not willing to compromise on that issue.
For what it's worth we ordered a Parklane RV mattress (i believe it's 8 or 10")and really like it compared to the Lippert that came in the trailer.

Mark
Old 12-18-2017, 10:55 PM   #3
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
We put a Seale in ours when we got it but have now put a Sleep Number in and put the Seale in one of our spare bedrooms in the S & B.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 04:54 AM   #4
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Quote:

I noticed your linked Amazon mattress is a RV Short. Is there a particular reason you are shopping for short? We are on our 3rd Montana (2008, 2012, 2018) all bought new and all factory mattresses replaced with standard house sized.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 04:51 AM   #5
Loneoak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19514
This is the only RV King mattress I could see for sale. We went ahead and bought it and it arrived yesterday. We squeezed it in and the night stands only overhang an inch or so on either side, so it does not appear to be a problem.

We slept on it last night and found it to be very comfortable.

2017 High Country 305RL
Old 02-04-2018, 09:32 AM   #6
footz1941
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21057
Night Stands

Quote:
This is the only RV King mattress I could see for sale. We went ahead and bought it and it arrived yesterday. We squeezed it in and the night stands only overhang an inch or so on either side, so it does not appear to be a problem.

We slept on it last night and found it to be very comfortable.
I raised the night stands in our unit Raised them as high as I could due to the curtains Easy to do 5 screws each #1 square head slide the mattress down close to the dresser, makes it easier to get to the screws
footz1941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 09:35 AM   #7
Loneoak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19514
We talked about doing that, but you actually lose part of your night stand to the curtain. I have a box of tissues, a bottle of water and my iPhone on the night stand every night so I need all the space I can get.

It is a bit of chore when I change the sheets as I have to pull the mattress out past the night stands to access the fitted sheet and then squeeze it back in, but I just live with that.

We still really like the mattress a lot.

2017 High Country 305RL
Old 02-04-2018, 10:47 AM   #8
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
We put a top of the line mattress in our old rig and the weight caused the bed to pull away from the wall when, after several extensions, the slide went out. Had to take the bed apart and rebuild it.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote