Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 01:51 PM   #1
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
'08 Lake Siskiyou Rally BBQ

The caterer is booked and will barbecue on site over an oak fire, supplying beef tri-tip, chicken, beans, salad, bread and dessert for $15 (including tax and tip) per person. Individuals will supply their own dining utensils and drinks.

Supplies have to be ordered by the caterer on May 16th in order to arrive on the 23rd and be prepared for the barbeque on Saturday, May 24th at 6 pm.

I’m requesting payment for the meal no later than May 15th for confirmation of the supply order. You will be notified when your payment is received. If your plans change after your payment is received and I’m notified prior to May 16th, you will receive a refund. Unfortunately, no refunds can be given after the food order is made.

You will receive an e-mail from me in April regarding where to send payment if you're on the signup list.

Thanks,
Don

Old 03-05-2008, 02:00 PM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Don, thanks for doing this again this year. The BBQ has been great the last two years and we are sure it will be great again this year. I think that the guys need to be served first this year after what the gals did to us last year, what do you think?

Sign us up for the BBQ.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:07 PM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I agree. This is a great price for a really great meal. Doug, it would seem that guys may be more talkive than gals since you guys were still out there talking while we were lining up! LOL
See you in May for another great time together.
Happy trails.....................
Old 03-05-2008, 02:27 PM   #4
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
$15 is a great price for a great meal. We'll be waiting for your announcement so we can send you $$$.

It wasn't the women's fault last year that all you guys had been outside drinking, smoking, scratching and God knows what else..... otherwise you would have heard the caterer announce it was time to line up for dinner. ...... better luck next time!..
Old 03-06-2008, 05:39 AM   #5
GOFNUTS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3053
Did I hear the guys want to reverse rolls and do the kitchen/prep stuff this year so they can be in line first??????hmmmm sounds good to me what about it ladies???????

Don, thanks for doing the BBQ again this year. It is such great food. Looking forward to it!!
Old 03-06-2008, 10:53 AM   #6
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Doug, I'd like to agree with you but I'm afraid of what they may not do! I vote for letting them do the prep stuff and line up first. This allows them a head start on the cleanup process while we labor over after dinner drinks and building the campfire.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:28 PM   #7
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Searchers

Doug, I'd like to agree with you but I'm afraid of what they may not do! I vote for letting them do the prep stuff and line up first. This allows them a head start on the cleanup process while we labor over after dinner drinks and building the campfire.
I agree, count us in on the dinner.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:10 PM   #8
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Don: I am not sure if you are asking for us to post our intention to attend the Barbecue now or later.

If now, both of are planning to eat.

If later, this post does not exist.

Last year the guys ate after the ladies. But there was plenty of food for everyone. The ladies did all the preparation work while the guys drank and swapped lies. I don't see why we want to change the process.

Carl

Old 03-06-2008, 01:39 PM   #9
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Yes Carl..... there is sooooooo much prep work to be done in the hour before the dinner that your idea is sound advice. Men should just relax outside and the women will take care of the prep work.

Ladies who attended last year know what work I am talking about. Any new ladies joining us this year, well.... we will just have to show them.

Sue (parrothead) want me to bring my drink fountain again? The ladies worked up such a thirst in that prep hour it might be nice to have a cool, refreshing drink for them again.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:06 PM   #10
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
We plan on being there for the BBQ.

We did miss last year, but if the ladies got to fill their plates first....whooa sounds like we missed all the fun. Knowing the guys they were probably doing like men do..., and standing out there....telling their jokes, the fish stories where the fish get bigger each time, and watching the meat being turned, not paying any attention to the women "saying dinner's on". So it sounds like the women did the best thing and got in line.......fun, fun, fun.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:07 AM   #11
GOFNUTS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3053
Don, please count us in on the BBQ. Looking forward to the great food at that great price and being in line before the guys.
Renee
Old 03-07-2008, 04:47 AM   #12
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
My intention was to just get the information on the BBQ posted for now so folks would have an idea of what to expect, but you're responses are fine also.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:43 AM   #13
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Thanks for the BBQ dinner information. Seeing it is like being a step closer to rally time. ...We're just letting you know we're ready to eat!

I love lots of friendly bantering here on the forum before a rally. It seems to builds up the excitement and anticipation, and is half the fun of attending a rally. (okay, call me a dork )

Looking forwards to when you officially post that you are taking signups. We'll be one of the first sending our check to you.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:45 AM   #14
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Quote:

I’m requesting payment for the meal no later than May 15th for confirmation of the supply order. You will be notified when your payment is received.

Thanks,
Don
One quick question Don. How do we get the money to you, or did I miss something in the post?

We are excited about as it will be our first rally.

Dick
Old 03-07-2008, 11:07 AM   #15
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Dick,

Because the forum doesn't allow addresses to be posted on the site, I'll send an e-mail to all attending containing details on where to mail the check in April.

We're looking forward to meeting you and Jackie at you first rally.

Don
Old 03-07-2008, 01:04 PM   #16
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Quote:

Dick,

Because the forum doesn't allow addresses to be posted on the site, I'll send an e-mail to all attending containing details on where to mail the check in April.

We're looking forward to meeting you and Jackie at you first rally.

Don
Great, thanks Don...
Dick & Jackie
Old 03-12-2008, 11:12 AM   #17
littlespud
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1696
Don,

Count us in on the BBQ. We will be in on Thursday night so if you need help on anything let me know.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:20 AM   #18
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Send a message via ICQ to Bob Pasternak
Don: Count us in for the BBQ. Looking forward to the festivities!!
Old 03-17-2008, 01:00 PM   #19
Capt Kidd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6933
My Sis, my Mom, and I will be there. Really looking forard to a great BBQ and rally.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:46 AM   #20
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
Don,

I'll be there with my appetite. Mariana will be at a wedding in South Carolina, so just one from our trailer.

Bill
Closed Thread