Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2011, 02:45 AM   #1
hikerdoc
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10717
Send a message via Yahoo to hikerdoc
Rants and Raves for our dealer

So we took our first trip of 2011 during the first week of April. This was after hauling the Monty 55 miles one way to our dealer 1 week before to get the two recalls done and to have some small things fixed on it. (It is after all still under warranty). On the trip, our 40 in TV in the living room decided to go on the fritz permanently. After discussions with our dealer, Keystone agreed to reimburse us for a new TV of our choosing at our local Best Buy. So last week I hauled it back to the dealership to get that fixed, plus a couple other small issues that showed up on the trip. I picked it up 3 days later, hauled it home, opened it up only to discover that the same broken TV was on the wall. Apparently the dealer thought that boxed TV (our new one) was actually the broken one and slapped a shipping label on it to send it back to Keystone. After a few minutes of private swearing and a conversation with the dealer, thankfully the TV hadn't been picked up yet and a service man came down to our house to put up the new TV. Everyone makes mistakes (I say that now with a smile, not so much last week LOL) but it goes to show that with a good company and dealership behind you, things will turn out ok.

hikerdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:53 AM   #2
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Sounds like your dealer was pretty responsive. If you are happy with them overall I don't think it would hurt to plug their dealership in this forum. Never know when fellow MOC'ers might have a problem when they are in your area.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:33 AM   #3
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Glad all turned out well. Lesson learned, NEVER EVER leave the dealership without checking to see if all repairs were done to your satisfaction.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:36 AM   #4
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Just shows us that with a little time many things can be laughed off...maybe not????
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:54 AM   #5
hikerdoc
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10717
Send a message via Yahoo to hikerdoc
LOL indeed laughed off. The dealership is Kitsmiller in Mason MI. Anyone in the market in our area wouldn't go wrong.
hikerdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:22 AM   #6
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
If you think about it, you also learned a valuable lesson. Check the repairs before you leave the dealership. They may be nice folks, but check.

I am sure you can appreciate this, I have found I have to follow up on my doctor to be sure he called in the meds we discussed before the mail order pharmacy sends the order.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote