Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2008, 04:04 PM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Wiring for the flood lights info:

The wire from my passenger flood light AKA (scare light), passes foreword of the A/C-vent roof opening, it is just laying on the ceiling panels under the insulation.
A guy could cut it there and put a switch on it to shut the drivers side light off.
Just FYI....................

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:37 AM   #2
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
can the wires be accessed by removing the vent cover, i dont have the air in the BR yet? or can they be found futher back by the switch panel and another switch put in there?

Bob
Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:18 PM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Dang it, I may be wrong on this one, it seems the big lights are foreword of the wires I felt up there. I am now thinking they are the wires to the bed lights.
Sorry, I thought I located them.
I now believe those wires are up in the nose cap.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:45 PM   #4
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Ozz, I would think that the wires for the road side light would be around the shower skylite, the light on my 340RLQ is between the bdrm slide and the kitchen slide. I may try to locate them tomorrow while cleaning.. Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:23 PM   #5
Crossthread
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6460
Ozz, A freind of mine split my lights for me, I'll ask him tomorrow how he did it. I have a 3000rk . Bill
Crossthread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 02:29 AM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
My flood lights are at the very front of the cap, probably different with different units.
If I were to attempt it, I would pull the lights and check the wiring there, then maybe drop a wire from the dual connection and go from there.
Thanks, xthread.
This is not really for me, I won't use them, hate it when others do. It's light having a spotlight aimed at someone else's trailer. They usually turn them on, then forget and they burn a hole in your window all night....
Old 03-29-2008, 07:32 AM   #7
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
My solution was to put a burned out bulb in the driver side light fixture so that when I do use the scare lights, I don't mess with my neighbor. I have other ways to scare people if needed; hair every where and in a bath robe is a scary sight!
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote