Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2006, 02:19 PM   #1
bigrockbruce
Established Member

M.O.C. #4292
Vacuum Brush 3295RK

In Aug 2005 we purchased a new 3295RK. This model came with a built-in vacuum system and included all the attachments. In Oct we left our rig at the dealership for about 3 weeks while they did some repairs. Apparently when they did some work on the floor the vacuum hose and brushes were removed from the rig and they failed to put the floor brush back. When we picked up our rig we noticed that the floor brush was missing. We have made several calls to the dealer to have them replace the missing brush and now they are telling us that our rig never did have the floor brush. I know we had a nice floor brush to use on the carpet but I am having a hard time convincing the dealer rep.
Those of you that have the vacuum system in your rigs would you please tell me if you got the floor attachment and are there any numbers on the brush so I can tell our dealer what he needs to order for us. I think the brush part is about 10"-12" long and would be used for the carpet and kitchen area.
We have waited 8 months to have the dealer replace the floor brush that they took out and we are loosing our patience.
Thanks,
Linda

bigrockbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:00 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Well the Dometic manual for the vacuum system doesn't list the hose or attachments. There are three attachments in our set. One is a crevice tool (long and thin), two is a small brush (round), and the third is (ta-da) a floor brush. It is about 10+" by 3+" with a rocker switch to change the ground clearance. The first two attachments had no distinguishing marks but the floor brush has what appears to be some kind of a number. It is pretty small but a magnifying glass revels "U20074B1" (without the quotes).

Hope this helps!

Carl & Susan Youngren

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:22 AM   #3
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
The real source for these vacuum cleaners is InterVac Design. Their web site is http://www.intervacdesign.com/. You should be able to get all the info you need from that site (including a picture of the missing floor brush. (And yes, ours did come with a floor brush with a telescoping wand.)
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 08:27 PM   #4
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I have the floor brush as well. Sounds like the dealership does not want to accept the fact that they made a mistake. Would sure make me wonder about doing business with them in the future.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 04:18 AM   #5
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
My reading on taking your rig into a dealership and leaving it for work to be done, is to make an inventory of everything in the Monty of value. Probably not a bad thing to keep for insurance purposes anyway... I have read that some things disappear during dealership stays from some dealerships...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 07:49 AM   #6
bigrockbruce
Established Member

M.O.C. #4292
I knew I wasn't crazy and that originally the floor attachment was included when we purchased our new Monty. Hindsite and a suggestion to anyone having to leave their rig for service. DON'T LEAVE ANYTHING OF VALUE INSIDE YOUR RIG WITHOUT MAKING A CHECKLIST; then be sure to check your list. We didn't discover the missing brush until we were out on a trip and I went to clean our floor.
I appreciate your answers and with that confirmation Bruce contacted the dealer again and finally the rep agreed to order us a new floor brush and have it mailed. The rep made sure we knew that the new brush was going to cost his dealership $50.00 and he had the nerve to say he was going to charge us for the shipping.
Lessons learned and I hope we don't have to wait another 6 months before our brush arrives.
Happy cleaning!
Linda
bigrockbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 09:00 AM   #7
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Glad to hear your getting your brush. Wait a minute, who cares what it cost the dealership, you already paid for the original brush when you bought the coach. Sounds like you need a new dealer, there is a really good one over here in Eastern Washington. =)
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 08:52 PM   #8
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
quote: The real source for these vacuum cleaners is InterVac Design. Their web site is http://www.intervacdesign.com/.
O.K. OntMont, how did you find out this bit of trivia? Both the Dometic supplied manual and the Dometic website offer no hint they are not the OEM.

Glen: Both "Vacuum system" and the Intervac web site appear to be good potential additions to the web site under "RV Related Links --> Components". At least Intervac advertises replacement vacuum bags.

Carl & Susan Youngren

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 02:36 AM   #9
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks for the info, guys!
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 04:35 AM   #10
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Carl n Susan

Quote:
quote: The real source for these vacuum cleaners is InterVac Design. Their web site is http://www.intervacdesign.com/.
O.K. OntMont, how did you find out this bit of trivia? Both the Dometic supplied manual and the Dometic website offer no hint they are not the OEM.

Glen: Both "Vacuum system" and the Intervac web site appear to be good potential additions to the web site under "RV Related Links --> Components". At least Intervac advertises replacement vacuum bags.
I saw them in a Canadian Hardware store catalogue (Home Hardware), under the InterVac name. Home Hardware also sell the bags which might be a handy thing for Canadians to know.
Carl & Susan Youngren
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote