Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2010, 01:41 AM   #21
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Hope you do join the Montana family...we have enjoyed our 3400 and find the island kitchen a big plus.

CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:54 AM   #22
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
My Goodyear dealer told me the only tire Goodyear makes that is staying in China is the MARATHON. I've decided that the 4 year mark is the "time change date" for my future RV tires so it makes little sense for me to go with 614's. The BF Goodrich or Bridgestone are priced right for "time change" tires.
Mike
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:29 AM   #23
Dui
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10850
Can anyone confirm that the 2011 Montana's are being fit with Marathon tires out of the USA?
Dui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 04:14 PM   #24
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bill-N-Donna

Congratulations!
We don’t have the island but almost have one. Our counters are shaped into a peninsula with it attached at the back and we really like it a lot.

Hope you enjoy it and get many years of service from it.
Bill-n-Donna, You are correct. If it's attached to the wall, it's a peninsula. If it stands alone, it's an island. We have a peninsula but used to call it an island because the salesman did. Our favorite model was the 3640, it had a HUGH kitchen across the rear of the Montana with a true island. It was sweet!
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:52 PM   #25
Dui
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10850
Well we just got the call today. It's here. We just took the grand tour. Looks fabulous! We are doing the pdi in the next couple of weeks. I've read there is a pdi checklist but could not find it. Can anyone direct me to this list. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:23 PM   #26
jackel1959
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2471
Dui,
Try this link: http://www.montanaowners.com/RVRelatedLinks.html You should see PDI on the top right hand side of the page. There are a few different checklists available to you. Review them well and plan for it to take some time. If time does afford you to do so, you may want to give the dealer a copy of the checklist you will use so they can root out any major issues. Good luck and take your time.

Jack
Old 11-27-2010, 02:57 AM   #27
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dui

Well we just got the call today. It's here. We just took the grand tour. Looks fabulous! We are doing the pdi in the next couple of weeks. I've read there is a pdi checklist but could not find it. Can anyone direct me to this list. Thanks in advance.
Just a thought, don't let your dealer off easy...spend as much time as you need to get to know your new Montana. I think it is easier to get issues addressed while the unit is still at the dealer. Again, congratulations!
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 03:56 AM   #28
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
You are 100% correct!! Although it was aggravating to sit at the dealership while they fixed the things that we found when WE did OUR PDI, it was worth it since THEY still owned the rig. The dealer is much more motivated to fix things when the sale hinges on it. Ideally, if you can, do your inspection PRIOR to the day you will take delivery and present the dealer with a list of your findings. That can save you time and aggravation. In our case, I did identify a couple of things at the time we made the deal to buy and NONE of those were corrected the day we went to pick up the RV. If your dealer is customer centric this won't happen to you. Best of luck to you.

[/quote]Just a thought, don't let your dealer off easy...spend as much time as you need to get to know your new Montana. I think it is easier to get issues addressed while the unit is still at the dealer. Again, congratulations!
[/quote]
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:02 AM   #29
Dui
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10850
Thanks for the feedback folks. Problem right now is the weather is a factor...snow already flying here in Canada. However, I will make it a point to use the PDI sheet and use the knowledge I have gained in this forum next week. Thanks again for all your help.
Couple of things I noticed that I did not expect on the 2011, 3580 Montana:
-Mor/Ryde suspension between the wheels
-Rounded ceiling trusses (higher vault ceiling)
-42" Samsung TV ...brochure called for a 32"

At first look...really happy. Will let you folks know how the PDI goes over the next couple of weeks.