Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2011, 04:17 PM   #1
scott
Established Member

M.O.C. #10200
What’s the trick???

I’ve been a member for little over a year now. I’m still learning a lot, so I mostly just read a lot on the site.

So, the wall light on my driver side slide out seems to be broken where the arm piece attaches to the base. Took the two holding nuts off as well as the nut around the switch, and expected it to just come right off the wall. But it’s still really tight against the wall. I’ve twisted, pushed up down and sideways, pulled on it with gentle jerks, but it’s still as tight as it was with the holding hardware still in place. I was getting ready to start prying it off, when I realized I could regret that if there were some sort of trick to the way it attached under the base. So I thought I should consult the experts (that would be you guys).

Here’s a picture of the light:

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Scott

scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:51 PM   #2
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Scott I have replaced the push button switch in a couple of mine and when I pulled the screws out they came off. I don't see how the wires can be that short are they could not have hooked it up. There are folks on here that are alot better than me someone will be along soon to help.
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #3
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
more than likely the studs are spread out so far that they are holding the light in place. take a good look at the studs and you may have to sqeeze them together or apart to clear the holes thru the light housing
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 05:01 AM   #4
scott
Established Member

M.O.C. #10200
Thanks racerjoe, that got it. To look at the studs in the holes, they looked like they were pretty well centered and that wasn't the problem. But I took your advice and pushed one of them to the side enoough that the base plate came right off (they're pretty stiff and don't bend much).

Thanks again,
scott
scott is offline   Reply With Quote