Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2007, 03:24 PM   #1
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Padredw and CountryGirl--change of status

This is a message I have been very reluctant to write, but it is necessary that I do so, because we are no longer Montana owners. Just last week we decided to buy the HitchHiker II that we had been considering for almost a year. It has the floor plan that we have been looking for. If we could have found a comparable plan in the Montana line, we would have preferred to stay with Montana--for one thing we have greatly appreciated being members of this virtual community, and have found it to be a "real" community when we have met and enjoyed fellowship with the good many members we have met in person--here at our home, in the Rio Grande Valley, and on the road.

My friend OntMont will remember that we were looking at this particular trailer when he and Donna visited in our old country home. No need to go into detail except to say that the very trailer that we first looked at remained on that lot in Texarkana for almost a year. We simply stopped by a week ago after other business in Texarkana, thinking it would surely have been sold by then. To our amazement it was still there. We got a good trade in for our Montana and the dealer offered us a substantial discount, then accepted our counter offer. We picked the trailer up on Friday and have made one trip to the Dallas area. All is well.

Now, I want to say here what I have said to many others and what I said to the NuWa dealer: We have nothing but good things to say about our Montana. We were very reluctant to part with it. If we could have found all the features that were essential to us in the Montana line, we would have gladly traded a year or two ago. We are among those who require a separation between the bedroom and the bath area, and we do not want to tow the larger Montana models that have "restored" that fine feature. It is that and the kitchen area that we found in the trailer we bought.

We have made friends here that we believe will continue to welcome our friendship, and while we cannot be officially recognized as "Montana Owners Club members, we hope it will not be out of order for us to stick around, respecting the proper scope of this forum and with the hope of remaining in contact with many of our special friends here.

May we wish God's richest blessing on you all as we change from active Montana owners to friendly observers.

padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:37 PM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Please don't go away, you both would be missed far to much.
Happy trails.......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:56 PM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Happy Trails to our dear friends and my cousin. Many happy days in the new rig!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 04:32 PM   #4
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
David and Shirley,

Congratulations on finding a new coach that meets your needs!! I always look forward to reading your posts, as you two have a lot to offer. I sincerely hope that you will continue to frequent the forum. We have tried several of Shirley's recipes and enjoyed them!! Godspeed in your journeys.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 04:50 PM   #5
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
We wish you nothing but the best. We were sorry this spring to be just missing you in our travels around the Panhandle area forest fires but, who knows, we may meet yet. We wish you Happy and safe travels.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 04:55 PM   #6
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
David and Shirley,

Congrats to you both on your new HitchHicker II. I hope it provides you many happy miles and memories ahead.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:01 PM   #7
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Padredw,
We never met and I feel that that's my loss. Hopefully we will meet somewhere down the road. I'll be looking for that Hitchhiker II and you can spot us in one of the "older" Montanas. Good luck and safe travels.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:03 PM   #8
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Congratulations on your new 5th wheel. I sure enjoy reading your posts so it would be good if you indeed popped in now and then to spread your wisdom, and I also enjoyed the recipes that you posted, I probably gained a few pounds just reading them :-) Take care and please keep in touch.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 08:01 PM   #9
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Congratulations on your new rig. Would still like to meet you some day down the road.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:42 AM   #10
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
We look forward to continuing to here from you here on the forum. The SOB (some other brand) topic recognizes that we have people that are not Montana Owners but either were or will be at some point in the future. Certainly there are lots of topics that you can provide insight into such as TV's, C.G.'s, etc. Best of luck with the new trailer.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 01:15 AM   #11
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
David and Shirley: The same may happen to a lot of us if they don't make a comeback with the 3670RL.
We will still be in the Rio Grande Valley during the winter. Keep your eye out on the Rio's topics and stop by if you have a chance.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 01:49 AM   #12
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Congratulations on your new unit. Hope you have many happy days in it.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:03 AM   #13
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
Congratulations on your new unit. Please don't be strangers to the forum. Like many others we have tried several of Shirley's recipes and have added them to our "favorites". We hope your new Hitchhiker II gives you as much enjoyment as your Montana has.
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:11 AM   #14
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
We will miss you guys, so don't be strangers. Congratulations on your new Hitchhiker II. Shirley as far as I'm concerned you are the author of the Cooking thread. We still would love to get some of those recipes from time to time. You guys bring a lot of class to this forum, so please don't leave!!
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:48 AM   #15
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Well don't think you can get away from us that easy. Now that we've met you and we know where you live you are stuck with us.

The HitchHicker is one of the most popular models we see amongst full timers. It seems to be very well made and the owners all say nice things about it. Congratulations.

Bill and Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 03:13 AM   #16
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
My sister had a Hitchhiker II. It was very nice. Shirley, I know you'll continue to share your awesome receipes with us. We know you come through Georgia now and again, so I'm hoping that we can still meet up one day. Safe travels & keep in touch. We love you !
Lisa & Dano
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 03:22 AM   #17
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
David and Shirley,

Congratulations on your Hitchhiker II (finally). It sounds like one of those "good things come to those who wait" situations. Please send us some pictures of the rig, especially the fearues that attracted you to this model. As others have said, please don't go away. We treasure your friendship, and value your local East Texas knowledge. Keep in touch, and Shirley, please keep those recipes coming!

I am beginning to think that the MOC is old enough now that perhaps we should have an "Alumni" section for those who have moved on to something else for whatever reason.

It is unfortunate that Keystone moved away from the original bathroom/bedroom floor plan. That is what originally attracted us to the Montana line, and there is really no current model that matches it.

Anyway (off soap box), you two continue to enjoy life, and keep us posted on your travels.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 03:37 AM   #18
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
That "Alumni" section mentioned by OntMont is a fantastic idea. Administrator(s), Moderator(s), please take note!! Once a member gathers knowledge about a Montana, even if they elect to move to SOB, it doesn't diminish their value at all when it comes to answering questions. I appreciate the contact (forum based), I have had with you, David and Shirley, and hope someday to meet you in person. Continued Blessings to you and yours.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:23 AM   #19
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Congratulations on the new rig. I can only mirrow what others have said about hanging around. We truly enjoyed meeting you while in the RGV. God bless you and Shirley from a fellow Texan. Happy Trails.....
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:34 AM   #20
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Congratulations on your new rig David and Shirley! It must have been meant for you to have if it was still waiting for you the following year . Our local Dealer here sells both Montana and Hitchhiker.

Please drop in and keep us posted so I can watch for you rolling through Colorado!
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote