Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2017, 09:35 AM   #1
team bradfield
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19994
Residential Fridge, ice maker

what is the trick to making ice? I push the ice button, but i doesn't seem to work. I assume they plumbed it in? 2017 3731RL Legacy

team bradfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 09:43 AM   #2
phillyg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17801
Probably no water. I found two valves, one under the sink on the back wall and one behind the drawers between the stove and fridge, but your floor plan is different than mine.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 12:12 PM   #3
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
There is an "ice on" button on the fridge control panel first and then you need to press the reset button on the underneath front part of the icemaker to start it.

Of course as others have said you need to have the water valves open to feed it water as well.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 12:20 PM   #4
team bradfield
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19994
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarMar View Post
There is an "ice on" button on the fridge control panel first and then you need to press the reset button on the underneath front part of the icemaker to start it.

Of course as others have said you need to have the water valves open to feed it water as well.
Tried the ice on button first, but i did not know about the reset, thank you

I will look for the valves, i just picked it up yesterday, you'd think they would have covered that during the walk through.
Old 06-25-2017, 01:24 PM   #5
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
The reset button is very hard to find and you really have to feel for it and then quickly close the freezer drawer as the icemaker arm drops down to feel for ice in the bucket.

There is a sort of rounded plastic piece to the right front underneath edge of the icemaker. You will find the reset button off the rigid plastic in the indented area to the left of that.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 12:11 PM   #6
team bradfield
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19994
found valves under sink and behind drawer, of course the one behind the drawers leaked, the ferrule was crushed, bad installation, fixed it up, thanks for everyone's help

The "Black Pearl"-2017 3731FL Legacy Package
2017 F-450 Platinum, 6.7 PSD
Old 06-26-2017, 04:50 PM   #7
MAwolcott
Established Member

M.O.C. #19237
For those with the 3791, there is a second valve in the pantry under the bottom shelf.
MAwolcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 03:28 PM   #8
team bradfield
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19994
Still struggling

Ok, fixed the water leak, found the reset, found the ice on button. now the problem, it wont "run in automatic" in other words, i have to hit the reset button for every cycle. after i hit reset, it dumps the ice, refills, freezes, then thats it. I come back to it 4 hours or in todays case, overnight, and no ice in the bin (as I'm dumping the first 4 trays to clean system). Same thing, hit reset, it dumps, refills, freezes then nothing. I read the manual and its not covered in the trouble shooting. any ideas?

Old 05-15-2019, 07:36 PM   #9
Seumas59

M.O.C. #23926
I know this is an old thread but I am searching for an answer to this exact problem. Ice maker cycles once when I push the reset button, then nothing. I have to manually cycle with the reset button. Did you ever find a solution?
Seumas59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 04:54 AM   #10
The Old Fogies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8908
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAwolcott View Post
For those with the 3791, there is a second valve in the pantry under the bottom shelf.

Ours is located behind the panel between the fridge and the stove.

Also there is a little light by the temp.display for the freezer that says"no ice". Had to get the bi-focals to read the writing. I thought they were little ice cubes showing that it was on. WRONG

I called Samsung and they were helpful.

The Old Fogies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 02:54 PM   #11
sgilcrease

M.O.C. #19801
Did you ever solve your ice make problem? Mine is doing the same thing. It worked great the first several trips then nothing.
sgilcrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 04:09 PM   #12
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Quote:
Originally Posted by team bradfield View Post
found valves under sink and behind drawer, of course the one behind the drawers leaked, the ferrule was crushed, bad installation, fixed it up, thanks for everyone's help
This seems to be a common problem. When I found mine and turned it on I got a shower. Also that ice off button is a bit confusing.
If you camp in subfreezing weather you'll need to shut off under the sink and drain the line under the kitchen otherwise you may freeze the exposed piping running out to the slide. Took me several months to locate that drain and it is about midway under the rig. I'm not gonna crawl under there in winter so I cut off the drain plug on the pex tubing and installed a shark bite elbow and ran pex to the side of the trailer and installed a toilet shut off ball valve so I can now drain that line from the side w/o crawling under.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 05:05 PM   #13
team bradfield
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seumas59 View Post
I know this is an old thread but I am searching for an answer to this exact problem. Ice maker cycles once when I push the reset button, then nothing. I have to manually cycle with the reset button. Did you ever find a solution?
Yes, after pushing the reset, ignore it, it will automatically start running, it takes about a day, but it started working on its own.

Old 05-29-2019, 06:56 AM   #14
Seumas59

M.O.C. #23926
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgilcrease View Post
Did you ever solve your ice make problem? Mine is doing the same thing. It worked great the first several trips then nothing.
Turns out I was not waiting long enough for it to start cycling. IIRC the owners manual says to wait about 12 hours for it to start making ice. The first day it ran it never cycled but the second day it worked perfectly. I guess in this case patience was a virtue. Good luck with yours.
Old 05-29-2019, 06:58 AM   #15
Seumas59

M.O.C. #23926
Quote:
Originally Posted by team bradfield View Post
Yes, after pushing the reset, ignore it, it will automatically start running, it takes about a day, but it started working on its own.
Thanks. That is exactly what happened.
Old 06-02-2019, 04:45 PM   #16
Livin salty
Established Member

M.O.C. #22108
Diddo

that’s some funny chit right there. Plumbed in the water filters and under the sink ceramic filter this weekend from the RV filter store. Finally turned on the water line to start making us some ice. Waited a day and absolutely nothing. Referred to manual... strike 2.. before going back to the dig out with the head hanging I searched the forum. Low and behold. Yep. A second shut off under the range. Not only that but it was leaking as well as mentioned before due to the Ferrell being smashed. I love this forum. You guys are the best and I can’t thank you enough for sharing your wisdom with the rest of us. Amazing how consistent the manufacturer issues are.
Lmao
Thank again. Sweating in the gulf coast
Livin salty is offline   Reply With Quote