Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2010, 10:51 AM   #1
rmtodd

M.O.C. #8754
DVD/CD/MP3 Stereo system

I have a 2008 Montana 3400 5th wheel. I am having a problem with my stereo system. I muted the system and never was able to get the sound back on. The only info on the system is the the name DVD/Video QR-4000. Does anyone have the name and phone of the distributor? I called Keystone and left a message and so far no one has returned my call. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, rmtodd

rmtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:43 PM   #2
dpam
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10119
Our Monty is a 2010 3150 RL and our DVD/Stereo/Home Theatre system has a Samsung name on it. I don't know if we have the same system, so I hope this helps. The remote has various function buttons on it, and I learned that you have to push the litte button that lights up, which then allows a specific function to work.

I.E, in order to control the volume while playing a DVD I had to push the DVD button at the top left hand side of the remote. I believe there is a button for the receiver, so in theory if you pushed that button the volume should work.

I'm not an expert, but I tend to learn by trial and error.

dpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:46 PM   #3
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
Mine was replaced after about 6 months by CW with no questions asked. The new one (or replacement one) has been acting up ever since. I recently took it out and hooked it up in our stick home and it works OK. Hope to take it back to the Monte and see if it still works like it did here. I believe you will find most folks have thrown out the Q-4000 and replaced it with a better one. Good Luck.
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:56 PM   #4
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
We had two replacements, the second one is used by our daughter on her TV in her room. I replaced all the speakers, add a 5,1 amp/receiver, and a up converting DVD player. The equipment is listed below and it works great.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:50 PM   #5
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
The sound in mine just died. It is a no name system. By that I mean there was no manufacturer name on the unit, the speakers, the remote, or even the manual.
I just replaced mine with a Panasonic Blue Ray home theater system I got at Best Buy for $279. It has FM receiver, SD card, and an Ipod port also. They had non blue ray systems for quite a bit less, but we have a number of blue ray DVDs so I spent a little more to get it.
Sound is much better than the original. Only problem was the speaker size. The original speakers were 3" square. I chose the Panasonic because it had the smallest speakers I could find. But even on it, the center speaker was something like 3 1/4" x 6" and the others were 3 1/4" x 5". I had to do some modifications to the cabinet to get the front ones to fit.
And the rear speakers would not fit the brackets that hang down. The old speakers had threaded fittings in the back of the speakers. The new ones did not. So I had to fabricate some braces from some aluminum bar to attach the speakers to the existing brackets.
Nothing overly difficult, just a little time consuming. But I did have all the tools I needed.
If the existing speakers are still good, and the ohms match up for the new system, you could use the existing speakers with the new system to save cabinet work. But I think the new speakers sound much better.
It seems to be well worth the effort.
If you replace it yourself, you will need to get a DVD/home theater system. A basic DVD system does not have the speaker outputs to drive the 5.1 speakers. And I could not find one that had the additional outputs to drive the bedroom speakers. If I decide I really want those to function, I will have to get an special A-B switch for them. But I did not use those except when using my Ipod, so I may not worry about it.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote