Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2009, 11:10 AM   #21
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
The TST system for 8 tires (my setup) looks to be $399. The Press Pro seems to be $605 ($205-monitor, $50 ea for 8 sensors). These are both w/o shipping/txs of course. Did I figure this right?

Or don't I need sensors on my tv? That would make the Press Pro @ $405 and the TST 4 tire system @ $259. Am I missing something?

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:21 AM   #22
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TheCoachPotatoes

Dave,

It probably has nothing to do with the towing company or Good Sam. Only certain towing companies are allowed to tow on the NYS Thruway. We have a friend who owned a large Towing Co. in Albany, who tried applied and was turned down. Not sure I can explain the reason why.
Ever hear of Teamsters, Good ol' Boys, kickbacks, and payola? That is how the east coast contract business works.

KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:28 AM   #23
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by KTManiac

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TheCoachPotatoes

Dave,

It probably has nothing to do with the towing company or Good Sam. Only certain towing companies are allowed to tow on the NYS Thruway. We have a friend who owned a large Towing Co. in Albany, who tried applied and was turned down. Not sure I can explain the reason why.
Ever hear of Teamsters, Good ol' Boys, kickbacks, and payola? That is how the east coast contract business works.
I am SOOOO... disappointed to hear that! All this time I thought it was honest competitive bidding???

Old 08-20-2009, 12:43 PM   #24
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Thanks DONnANNIE for that link.
I went with the TST and ordered them today. The temperature is what swayed me.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:37 PM   #25
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
I bought the TST and it works great pressure and temp. Saved me while in NC. got ready to leave the CG AFTER checking everything including tires. About 5 mins before heading out the systems sounded an alarm. I thought it had to be some freak thing with the TST. The monitor indicated i have a low pressure on the left rear TV tire. So I checked it again and thought it looked ok. I got my pressure gage and tool to remove the sender and as soon as i touched the valve stem it hissed. Sure enough the tire was leaking very slow. If i didn't have the TST I probably would have been on 95s with a flat or blowout.

Buy something, you can't afford NOT to. they work!!!!!!

swanny
swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:24 PM   #26
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
I bought the TST set for 12 tires. The price was $599.00 with no tax or shipping. I ordered it yesterday and UPS will be delivering it tomorrow. You can't beat that.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:37 PM   #27
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Can a Pressure Pro owner please chime in here and let me know why the PP is worth the 50% higher cost?
Old 08-20-2009, 03:47 PM   #28
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
and TST supplied (when i bought mine) hard wire power and power plug wire and two antennas.
swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:52 PM   #29
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Made in the USA. I don't remember what mine cost but we have had two sets the first set I sold with a 5th wheel. But I just think for the money and dealing with Pat and Mike is about the the best answer. Don't know which system is the best because I have only owned the PPS but the system hasn't let me down yet and has saved me on two different occasions. And I use them on what ever I'm towing, inclose car trailer or the Gooseneck equipment trailer, and the 5th wheel. Want tow without the Pressure Pro. Good Luck with your decision. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:54 PM   #30
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Just wondering as there is what I would consider a huge difference in price...
Old 08-21-2009, 02:12 AM   #31
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dsprik

Can a Pressure Pro owner please chime in here and let me know why the PP is worth the 50% higher cost?
Dave, I don't know that there is a 50% higher cost. NCFischers indicated he paid $599 for his TST. Well, I paid $605 for my PP system which will monitor all the tires on any semi rig setup. Is it possible that there was a misprint somewhere?

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:36 AM   #32
ChuckD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7916
Send a message via Yahoo to ChuckD
I have stated on here earlier that I was going to buy the Pressure Pro System, now reading this thread I am thinking the TST System. I am with dsprik, why the difference???? I am like most, I want all the Bells and whistles for the least buck......$399.00 for 8 tires sounds pretty good Chuck
ChuckD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:24 AM   #33
WorkerB
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8202
I'm with Dave and Chuck,
Just got off the phone with TST in Georgia. 4 tire system expandable so I can add 4 more sensors when I can afford them. $259 + $12.20 more shipping for 2nd day air for a total of $271.20. Just in time for the trip to the Oregon coast. Great thread. I was holding off on the Pressure Pro System because of the higher cost. The one difference I have noticed is that the TST display is about the size of my Tom Tom GPS where the PPS display is about 1/4" thick and requires a holder. I'm thinking I might need to convert to a motor home so I'll have a bigger dash to put all this stuff!
WorkerB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:31 AM   #34
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by WorkerB

I'm with Dave and Chuck,
Just got off the phone with TST in Georgia. 4 tire system expandable so I can add 4 more sensors when I can afford them. $259 + $12.20 more shipping for 2nd day air for a total of $271.20. Just in time for the trip to the Oregon coast. Great thread. I was holding off on the Pressure Pro System because of the higher cost. The one difference I have noticed is that the TST display is about the size of my Tom Tom GPS where the PPS display is about 1/4" thick and requires a holder. I'm thinking I might need to convert to a motor home so I'll have a bigger dash to put all this stuff!
I merely used a piece of velcro and placed my PP monitor on the dash. I have a mat on my dash which allows me to velcro things to it.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 06:00 AM   #35
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Orv,
The TST system for $599.00 was for a 12 tire system with hard wire kit, two wrenches and larger antenna all in one package. There was no tax charged and no shipping. The price I got off the Pressure Pro website was $790.00 with no hard wire kit or additional antenna.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:50 AM   #36
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I have no idea about the price difference. we have had the pressure pro for 3 years and it has done the job..IF had no system I think I would go with the TST as it looks at more parameters and has a smaller foot print. I will bet the PP will catch up very soon.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:14 PM   #37
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Dsprik, All I can say is that the Pressure Pro system has saved my bacon 4 times in the past two years of travelling. I have no experience with the TST and, other than people buying it, I have heard of o experiences with it yet. With the state of the trailer tires we all have been experiencing, I'm sure we will get some tales from the TST soon. When I bought mine, it was the only one on the market as I recall. I tend to go with products that have a proven track record, cost, to me, is secondary....Remember IMHO.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 06:26 PM   #38
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I understand, Phil. Cost to me is secondary to a point. I am trying not to compare apples to oranges. I need to do some further research. On the surface the $206 difference for the same number of wheels/equipment makes me wince w/o further info. I have spoken to Pat and she has been very helpful. I just really haven't read of anyone's experience with the TST system., other than,"Yes, we have a TST".

Just how reliable is that temp system on TST and is it even a necessity? PPS focuses on pressures and they do this quite well according to the experiences I have read about.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:46 AM   #39
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
From what I've been able to research and by talking to people that have both TST and PP, both systems seem to be equal in quality and I'm sure either system will work equally well. I personally like the monitor on the TST better but this is a personal choice. I was also swayed by the price difference for what I feel is an equally good product. These are strictly my own opinions. This is what the free enterprise system is all about. I'm just glad that we have a choice and we are not mandated to buy a governments version.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:46 AM   #40
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I have been driving and owning cars and trucks for 45 years and NOT ONCE did I ever have a need to check the temp of my tires. When I stop I do run my hand near the hubs to see if there is any excessive heat coming from one wheel compared to the others. Nope, not once was there a negligible difference. I think the heat thing is just another techno gimmick to get people to buy a product with more APPS......Just my opinion, of course.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote