Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2010, 10:08 AM   #1
dreamers2010
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9962
Send a message via AIM to dreamers2010
Ralleys????

What are all these ralleys? We just bought a 2 year old Montana 3605 (2009) 37ft Montana about 2 months ago. I guess since we didn't buy from a Montana dealer we were not informed of clubs, etc.
Looking to go FT as soon as S&B sells.

dreamers2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:32 AM   #2
remhob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10257
We are also new to the MOC, only had our 2011 3665 for a month, so really don't know a lot about the rallys. All of them are listed on the forum. When we noticed the one in our area and the national one we signed up. I think all of the rallys originate here at the MOC. I do know that as of this morning there were still openings at the Virginia rally and the National rally. If you're interested, why not sign up? They sound like a lot of fun and fellowship. Hopefully someone with more experience can give you a better answer.
remhob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:07 AM   #3
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
these are gatherings of fellow Montana owners--the National one has many OEM vendors present and they give MUCH information on your rig and you get to have a special tour of the Montana factory and we have lots of fun, heck last year we even had a visit from a clown

the regional ones are much less informal, sometimes a vendor comes but it is a good chance to see some part of the country you may not visit and get together with fellow MOCer's. at all Rallys much information is shared and sometimes there are some guys that will make projects, like clothes lines, etc.

Sign up and join us. Come to Nebraska next week if you want to get out of AL heat--it sounds like we are going to have "Chamber of Commerece" weather
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:08 PM   #4
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
One important thing to note is that yes, the rallies are generated by MOC members, not any outside source like vendors, manufacturers, etc.
Any MOC member can set up a rally, announce it on the forum and handle the details.
There are certain traditional rallies such as the annual Fall rally in Goshen, IN; the Spring rally out west, etc but they are not the only ones, by far. All MOC rallies are "wagonmastered" by MOC members.
Look for one close by or where you'll be at the time and join in!! Lots to learn and many to meet.
Larry
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:15 PM   #5
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Best way I can describe a rally is food, fun, visiting sites (including historical, shopping, and even tours of other's trailers to see what they have done to improve them), food, more fun, food, some sort of entertainment or gathering (food included); oh yeah, did I mention Food... At least that has been what has happened at the few the wife and I have been able to attend.

Sometimes pot-luck, sometimes a Bar-B-Que, sometimes dining out at local site but always fun.

We definitely wish we could attend more but being that both of us are still working, we can only do the few.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:49 PM   #6
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Judy,
Check the regional rally section on the forum and join us. Just sign up, show up and enjoy a great time. The Mid-Atlantic rally is coming up in a month and the Fall Rally in Goshen is one you should really try to make. Hope to see you soon.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:59 PM   #7
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
Ah, yes. The friends and fellowship. We have met some of the greatest people at these rallies. We just arrived in OC, MD today and will be meeting up Saturday with some friends we met several years ago at the Northeast Rally. We will be traveling to Ohio in August and then Goshen in September. When we first found this site, I was wondering the same thing - why all the fuss about these rallies? Go to one and you will see what I mean.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:17 PM   #8
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
A great way to begin would be to come to the Goshen, IN National Rally in September. Here you would be near the Keystone Factory and Montana brings OEM vendors for most of the components to visit with us. Montana engineers also are regulars there. The vendors will demonstrate their products and wares and usually give MOC members a good Rally price. Montana technicians also provide a drivers class for the ladies so that they can discover that it is relatively easy to pull the Montana. When Carol took the class, she drove a large part of the way home after the rally. She had never towed before. The Montana Service Center opens itself up to MOC members during this time. You would meet many of the people that are regulars on this forum, as well as many new ones. For the price, it is a very wise investment, especially if you are thinking of going FT soon. Hope to see you there.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:39 PM   #9
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
We went to our first rally at Quartzsite this last January and have been to two more since. This is a great place to meet new friends and learn things about your rig from other people that you didn't know about. We are now hooked on these rally's and will make as many as we can. You should really try and make one to experience what others are trying to tell you about them.
PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:19 PM   #10
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
There are also "independent rallies" like the Sweetheart Rally in Kerrville, Texas on Valentine weekend. My wife and I have attended for the past 4 years and will continue for the same reasons we attend Escapee Rallies and Montana Rallies--we meet the greatest people and keep in touch--and FOOD--Lots of FUN--It is the greatest reward we get from our travels. Hope you will attend a rally soon. The Sweetheart Rally is on the RV.net site.
F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:43 PM   #11
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
It was not because you did not buy from a Montana dealer that the dealer did not tell you about about the clubs. We bought from a Montana dealer and he did not tell us of the MOC. We discovered the MOC by the DW doing a search on the internet. We are glad to have found this site. We have been to National and Regional Rallies and have enjoyed meeting some great folks, having fun, and making lasting frienships. This site is informative and provides advice, suggestions and remedies for almost any problem. Also, some of the members have made some nice modifications to their rigs. Come join us at a rally at your earliest opportunity. I think you will enjoy them just as much as we do.

George and Rosetta
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:34 PM   #12
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

We bought our Montana in April of 2007. Immediately after we got it the first thing I did was search for a Montana forum and found this great place. We have met a lot of very nice people through only a few of the rallies that we have attended. Once you meet someone and then put a face to the avatars; then everyone on here seems like family. We have also met some lifelong friends through this web site. This is a great place to meet and have fellowship for like minded people. We have yet to make it to a national rally due to our schedules but maybe one of these days we will be able to. Look at the rally listings, some may be close to where you are while others may be at a greater distance but the one great thing we have in common is a set of wheels that can take us to different places. Have a good time and maybe we’ll meet somewhere on the road.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:24 PM   #13
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
After all this positive talk about rallies, how could you resist!! They are great fun at the time and the friendships continue long after the rally has ended. Please, come JOIN US!!
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:35 AM   #14
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Dreamers 2010 and Lynn and Pat -
We certainly hope that you can join us in Goshen this fall. There are also other closer rallies if not. This year will be our seventh Goshen rally. As much as the food and activities are wonderful, we come back for the friendships. Besides, you never know when you're going to need someone to patch you up (thanks Jan). Looking forward to seeing you down the road.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:06 AM   #15
remhob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10257
Ron and Terrie,

We are signed up for the Goshen rally. We are really looking forward to it. - Pat
remhob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 03:52 PM   #16
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
Ron, you don't need patched up if you are careful where you ride that bike. It was no problem patching you up--you were even a complaint patient. All of these other people just don't know what they are missing out on if they don't come to our rallies, fun, games, food, clowns, and even "oowies". and you even take home some valuable information from the sessions put on by the vendors
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:47 AM   #17
dreamers2010
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9962
Send a message via AIM to dreamers2010
Thanks so much to all of you who have replied to my question. I will start watching for the rallies because they really sound like a blast. I'm continuing to work the "job" while we are waiting on the house to sale so kind of tied down until then. But, when the house sales - "wham" we're out of here and hope to make some rallies. Wouldn't it be nice if it sold before the Goshen ralley?

Judy
dreamers2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:37 AM   #18
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Judy, even if you could make a "long" weekend. With only a few exceptions, I bring the rig over the weekend before the rally. I leave DW and Monty there and drive back to Wisconsin for work. Then I come back on Friday evening. Even being there for part of it gives you the opportunity to meet some of the nicest people you'll ever find. You might even find yourself dancing to Mogul Mouse.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote