Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-05-2009, 11:11 AM   #1
nevadacurt01

M.O.C. #9940
Wobbly Dining Table

We're thinking about buying a 2010 3150RL.

I noticed the dining table wobbles where the pedestal joins the base. The dealer says this is normal.

Has anyone been annoyed by excessive wobble during normal use? Or am I being a tad picky?

Curt

nevadacurt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:11 PM   #2
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Curt is the table secured to the floor or floating? My table dont wobble any where you said it conects to the table top, have you checked all the screws to see if that might be a problem. I think a all thred rod might go down the center of the stand that could be loose also.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:40 PM   #3
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Beware of wolves in sheeps clothing. Mine does not wobble, I can't believe some of these dealers......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:06 PM   #4
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Nothing on mine wobbles.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:14 PM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Mine is not even connected to the floor any more and it does not wobble.. That is a good one... Ask him if his table at home wobbles..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:53 PM   #6
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Same here. No wobble, wobble, wobble. The dealer sounds like a turkey. :-)

To be fair. If I grab the table and try to shake it there is some movement where the table top joins the pedestal, but I wouldn't call it a wobble and it is very slight. If you are at the dealer, the best thing to do is to check the table in other rigs. There might be some movement at the table top but the base needs to be pretty solid.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 04:03 PM   #7
nevadacurt01

M.O.C. #9940
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Trailer Trash 2

Curt is the table secured to the floor or floating? My table dont wobble any where you said it conects to the table top, have you checked all the screws to see if that might be a problem. I think a all thred rod might go down the center of the stand that could be loose also.
It is secured to the floor. The base is only about one foot square. If it were floating I think the table could tip over if you placed a stack of dishes near the edge. And it would wobble every time it got bumped. And there goes the merlot on the white linen! The table we saw in a 2955RL at a different dealer wobbled just the same.

From the answers I got I think something is loose. But since we don't yet own the trailer I can't disassemble it to find out. I may try to talk to the service manager.

Curt
nevadacurt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 04:22 PM   #8
jackel1959
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2471
The only thing we had issue with on ours was it would "squeak" if you leaned on it. We detached it from the floor, turned it over and lubricated the wooden tongue and groove slide pieces underneath with paraffin wax and it fixed that problem. It never has "wobbled", but if you lean on it it will move slightly.
Jack
Old 12-06-2009, 12:54 AM   #9
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
"They all do that" and "That's normal" are lines taught in Dealer Class 101. Don't believe it!
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:09 AM   #10
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
It sounds as though the only thing wobbling here is the dealers BS excuse.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 02:52 AM   #11
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
On our older model table the legs are bolted to the pedestal and the top is bolted to the pedestal. The new tables are a different design of course but basically all tables shipped out of the factory to Keystone will be broke down to reduced their footprint for shipping. The person who assembled your table obviously did not tighten the assembly nuts properly. The wobbly table should be on your list of things to correct before you take delivery. Perhaps also one might want too look at a different dealer because down the road this dealer may have an excuse for everything instead of actually addressing customer problems!!!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:26 AM   #12
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by nevadacurt01

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Trailer Trash 2

It is secured to the floor. The base is only about one foot square. If it were floating I think the table could tip over if you placed a stack of dishes near the edge. And it would wobble every time it got bumped. And there goes the merlot on the white linen! The table we saw in a 2955RL at a different dealer wobbled just the same.

From the answers I got I think something is loose. But since we don't yet own the trailer I can't disassemble it to find out. I may try to talk to the service manager.

Curt
One other Q uestion about your table: I have heard the some tables are capable of rotating is yours one of those? for ever little attachment that is added to that table will cause a LITTLE bit of movement, but the way you are discribing the movement you have sounds a bit extream, I would call Keystone and talkt to a factory rep and explane your problem with him and see if he could put a fire under the A** of the person at your dealer to fix it, or explane it to you why the table is wiggling so much. as a few others have said and me mine is as my table at home no wiggle excep for the usual trailer motion.