Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2006, 05:05 AM   #1
Montana_6085
Established Member

M.O.C. #6085
Looking to buy Montana

We are looking to buy a Montana as soon as our place sells to full time in. I found this place and figured it would be the best place to ask questions and to learn.

We are willing to travel to get the best deal for the Montana when we finally do buy or order. Is anyone able to give the dealers that give the best deals on these great units?

GQ

Montana_6085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 05:41 AM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
GraphicQueen, Welcome to the forum. We hope you enjoy this forum as much as we do and don't be afraid to ask any questions that come to mind about the Montana/Mountaineer lines.

I got a great deal and get great service from Cousin Gary's RV in Redding, CA. If you want any more information on this company email me by going to my profile.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:58 AM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Graphic Queen

welcome to the forum. There is an area set up to critique the dealers, on the All Forums front page, you should find a link to that area of the forum.

Also read the old posts, some dealers are not happy to do warranty work on a unit they did not sell, we have talked about that a few times here, you will probably find posts as you read the old stuff.

The old stuff is CHOCK full of good stuff, classic posts, the good, the bad, the ugly, the tears and the joys. Cannot emphasize enough how much you can learn from figuring out how to use the search engine and reading the old posts.

Have fun, ask questions. Congrats on your decision to full time.

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 12:17 PM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Congrats on the up coming purchase of your new Montana and an early Welome to the Full Timers lifestyle. Lorraine and I have been full timing 33 months and we love it and of course we do it in a Monty.

Can't help ya much with the dealer question as we purchased our Monty from a New York dealer who I wouldn't recommend to anyone. They did gave us a great deal but once they get our money they disappeared. It was the old "Don't call us, we'll call you."
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 01:56 PM   #5
Montana_6085
Established Member

M.O.C. #6085
To tell the truth, I really am not worried about any service except the service for when we would pick the Montana up. Since we would be full timing, we certainly wouldn't be hanging around the area where we most likely will purchase the unit. Besides, I have a great dealer that is more than willing to work on our unit if it needs anything done to it as long as I can get the ok from the Montana factory. This place is in Las Cruces. They just don't sell the Montanas is all. LOL Just my luck.

I will be so very happy when our property sells so we can actually purchase the Montana and get on the road.

Thank you all for the wonderful welcome and I will say that I was very impressed with the Montana and we have looked at a lot of fifthe wheels over the last year or so.

GQ
Montana_6085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:30 PM   #6
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
I am not full timing but I think it would have some merit to purchase from a reputable dealer near your home area. Or an area you will most likely return to year after year. Such as near your kids, grandkids, etc. That way at least once a year you could depend on that dealer to take great care of you. Hopefully other Keystone dealers will help you out when awy from home base. but for sure once you got near home base you had a dealer you could depend on 100%. Just my $.02 worth on this subject.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 07:00 PM   #7
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I like your logic, GQ. Since you will be all over, the upkeep will be mainly in your hands. Secondly, since that is true, your "best deal" may be a previously owned and well kept Monty. There have been some available on the forum. Very slightly used units that became available due to unexpected reversals. Just a thought. When we picked up ours from the previous owner, all the bugs had been worked out and he threw in many dollars worth of extras. The unit was pristine, better than the ones on the dealers lot. Welcome to the forum.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 07:23 PM   #8
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
Here's an idea for a previously owned Montana. Review the plans, maybe even go to a dealer and look at the unit then come back to you handy computer and under the search engine list the model number. I tried that on my model and came up with a number of units for sale. Just a thought.
MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:17 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
My guess is Montana would want you to take the rig to a Montana dealer for warranty service. But I could be wrong. You can call Customer Service and ask them about this if you want.
(574) 535.2100 or (866) 425.4369 (Toll Free).

I believe there is a Montana dealer in Las Cruces. We have very good friends in Elephant Butte who bought their Montana there. That was in 2002 so it may have changed.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:27 PM   #10
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Howdy and welcome to the forums.
Leisuretime RV's in Midwest City, Oklahoma has a lot of new 5th wheels and travel trailers on their lot. I didn't purchase my 33ft travel trailer from them but it’s where I get any service performed. Nice people to deal with but not sure what kind of deals they offer on the new units. When I was there last week they had two rows of 5th wheels and 1 row of tt's left on the lot. Most of the inventory was 2007 units. I had to get a 2005 since this is my first. If you do a yahoo search on Leisuretime RV's I think it will give a link to their web page. They are one of the few with prices listed on the inventory page.
GOOD LUCK!
Okie Cowboy Guy

Okie Cowboy Guy
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote