Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2017, 07:37 PM   #1
kg_nc

M.O.C. #11772
New 2018 3731FL Comments

We recently bought a new 2018 3731FL Legacy with full body paint. Beautiful trailer. I don't know if anybody from Keystone actually reads through these comments on this topic, but I'm going to post some positive and negative comments based on our first trip over the 4th. Too often people focus on the bad, forgetting the positive so the forum just sounds like a b__tch session. I'd like to give positive comments where deserved.

Positive
1. Nice paint job. The only decals are on the windshield and the "Montana" logo on the sides. All the swirls are paint. The masking could have been a bit better, but that's a nit pick.
2. The windshield. Love it. Although we almost always back in and won't be looking at the lake when we're in the front lounge, it lets in light and you don't get a closed in feeling when you are in the room. The argument about bugs washes right off.
3. Although this is floor plan related, three distinct rooms. No refrigerator sitting next to the tv. A bedroom that feels like a bedroom.
4. Tows nice. I don't know if it's just a new trailer feeling or the 4100 suspension, just seems to be smoother and better around curves.
5. The entry steps. Positive and negative. Nice wide, stable swing down steps. Only problem is you can't get in your trailer once you are parked in the the storage lot because you cant swing them down without hitting the trailer next to you.
6. Bathroom door. Great hinge design for a tight space.
7. Thanks for the G rated tires.
8. Outside tv door magnets. nice.
9. Pop up power stations. We like them, but see negatives.
10. We like the cabinets.

Negative
1. Floor plan related. poor storage for a 40 ft trailer. This has been gone over by others on this forum, so Ill just comment that a tall cabinet is needed so a broom can be stored inside.
2. Exterior road lighting. SOBs for alot less money put led markers and tail/turn lights on. This is the first thing I replaced.
3. Carpeting is almost a shag. A tighter weave carpet like a berber should be used to wear and clean better. I’ve seen much better carpet in cheaper trailers.
4. Charging Center near the sink. This needs to be moved up into the lounge, maybe in one of the cabinets. Locating it by water isn’t a good thing. It is good that this charger runs off the battery where the pop ups only work on 120v.
5. I still wish that the kitchen gray and bathroom tanks could "equalize", or a pipe between them to fully utilize the capacity. The kitchen rarely goes over a third.
6. Led strip effect lighting. We don't like the brightness and the color. This is something no one is going to agree on, so why not just put the light strips in that you can adjust the color and brightness. It's just a little more money for this. This should also be a positive that it's there in the first place.

Anyway, to wrap it up, I had to do a few adjustments here and there and have a bad level up jack (seals leaking) so it has to go back for that fix. No arguments from the dealer, they ordered a new jack. Overall, very happy with the purchase.

kg_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:05 PM   #2
RetiredSubVet
Established Member

M.O.C. #19977
My wife and I both really liked the layout of the 3731FL. We instead went with the 3791RD only because of the storage space. If the 3731 had better storage, we would have gone that way. Nice review!
2018 Montana 3791RD
RetiredSubVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:50 AM   #3
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Congrats, sounds like no major issues.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 04:46 PM   #4
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Did you evaluate these things before you signed on the dotted line?
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:51 PM   #5
kg_nc

M.O.C. #11772
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKassl View Post
Did you evaluate these things before you signed on the dotted line?
We knew about the storage issues, besides we're weekenders. No floor plan or trailer is perfect.
kg_nc is offline   Reply With Quote