Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2016, 04:44 AM   #21
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dusters

Thanks Art-n-Marge. I am very comfortable in maintaining 60 MPH with my setup. I constantly check the tires for 80 PSI before it trip. I had multiple elevations and temperatures during late summer and that caused many variations for the PSI checks. Tires have about 5K on them now with transport. They are covered for the winter and I will probably go with them for the next year pending any unusual circumstances.
Welcome, I have experienced the wealth of experience and knowledge here on the forum, and the FIRST thing I did was get rid of the tires. You can sell your stockers to some farmer for his manure spreader (about all they're worth, I got 65.00 each for mine. You will be amazed and disgusted at the difference in the tires side by side. Your local Les Schwab has your replacements.

Enjoy your new rig!
Mark

Old 12-21-2016, 12:32 PM   #22
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
Welcome from NC
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 07:57 PM   #23
kenneth e holman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18819
Welcome to the forum. Yes tires are the number one concern on this forum. The old adage Learn from the mistakes of others, you can't live long enough to make them all yourself applies here.As much as you might examine your tires, you probably won't be forewarned when they blow out and cause hundreds if not thousands of dollars in damage. I would go to the tire section and read about all the problems members have had with the factory tires. I had the dealer install Sailun load range G tires on my RV before i left the dealer lot. After seeing so many trailers with the sides tore up before i bought mine , i decided to go ahead and heed the old adage i mentioned earlier in this reply. Good Luck.
kenneth e holman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 12:40 PM   #24
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
Welcome from NC. Enjoy your travels.
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote