Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC on M.A.R.S. > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-28-2017, 01:00 PM   #1
DQDick
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Council Grove
Posts: 14,451
M.O.C. #11455
Laundry in a slide

When Keystone puts the laundry in a big slide, how do they run the water and sewer so it travels in and out properly?
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 01:21 PM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: McKinney
Posts: 4,363
M.O.C. #6433
Good question. What floor plan has that? Also seems like washer on spin cycle would really shake the slide.
__________________
Bill & Patricia
& Molly (our 11 yr old Golden)
2007 3075RL
2012 F350 SRW CC LB FX4 6.7
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 03:14 PM   #3
DarMar
Montana Master
 
DarMar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Minnedosa
Posts: 3,827
M.O.C. #1034
I have also wondered that but have never took the time to check it out. We have been in our 3721 with our splendid combo in the large hallway slide and really love having it there. Also because of the combo we have a lot of extra storage space in the tall cupboard next to it that allowed for a dryer in a side by side laundry situation. Installed some shelving to make good use of that tall upright space.

Another plus is the huge wide hallway and lots of space at the door entry. Would highly recommend that people wanting on board laundry to check out this floor plan before it is gone.

We haven't noticed any extra vibrations compared to our previous Montana that had the laundry prep in the pantry right next to the fridge.
__________________
Darwin & Maureen DeBackere
Minnedosa, Manitoba, Canada
2011/3500/Silverado/4x4/DRW/Duramax
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:24 PM   #4
TLightning
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kville
Posts: 2,659
M.O.C. #7871
They run the plumbing into the slide just like they do into the body of the RV.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 09:08 PM   #5
DQDick
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Council Grove
Posts: 14,451
M.O.C. #11455
In our case it's going to be a new 3720. In the models with the laundry in the slide the water and sewer drain move in and out with the slide. Thus my question. What have they done that allows that?
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 04:39 PM   #6
DarMar
Montana Master
 
DarMar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Minnedosa
Posts: 3,827
M.O.C. #1034
Interesting??? None of us seem to have an answer. In our case it's just blind faith.

Have you purchased at this point???
__________________
Darwin & Maureen DeBackere
Minnedosa, Manitoba, Canada
2011/3500/Silverado/4x4/DRW/Duramax
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 06:24 PM   #7
DQDick
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Council Grove
Posts: 14,451
M.O.C. #11455
Yes, their doing modifications to it this week and we'll pick it up Friday. Typical of us, we can't use the new stairs so their cutting out the door area and installing aluminum steps and we would also like to go to the bathroom if we stop while going down the road so they're removing the weird hinges from the bathroom door and putting regular hinges on it so it opens into the bath. At both our home bases we have porches so the new style steps don't work and supposedly Keystone put the weird door on so you could access the bathroom, but the way it's hinged and the way the slide comes it that's not the case on this particular model.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 07:03 PM   #8
DarMar
Montana Master
 
DarMar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Minnedosa
Posts: 3,827
M.O.C. #1034
Yes the pivot door helps with access from the hallway on many models with the regular narrow hallway, however on this model it is actually a hindrance.
That will be an interesting mod to the door and if you could keep us posted it would be appreciated. Pics??

And of course congrats on the 3720. It's a great floor plan.
__________________
Darwin & Maureen DeBackere
Minnedosa, Manitoba, Canada
2011/3500/Silverado/4x4/DRW/Duramax
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:55 PM   #9
Recumbent
Montana Master
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Rock Island
Posts: 1,036
M.O.C. #10457
Dick I just typed a long post and it disappeared when I submitted. So here is the short version. The supply lines and drain line are under the bed. They flex when the bed moves in and out. Our washer drain line came undone dumping wash water under the bed. We took immediate action to dry out the carpet and the wet stuff in the basement. Stopped washing and when we reach home base I did a remodel that fixed the issue and allowing easy access through the under bed storage floor. Also, braced the wood bed framing, and created additional storage.
Recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:05 PM   #10
DQDick
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Council Grove
Posts: 14,451
M.O.C. #11455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recumbent View Post
Dick I just typed a long post and it disappeared when I submitted. So here is the short version. The supply lines and drain line are under the bed. They flex when the bed moves in and out. Our washer drain line came undone dumping wash water under the bed. We took immediate action to dry out the carpet and the wet stuff in the basement. Stopped washing and when we reach home base I did a remodel that fixed the issue and allowing easy access through the under bed storage floor. Also, braced the wood bed framing, and created additional storage.
Thanks! That's exactly what I needed to know.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:52 AM   #11
DarMar
Montana Master
 
DarMar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Minnedosa
Posts: 3,827
M.O.C. #1034
Thanks for the info as well. Sounds like it would be good to investigate those connections under the bed. Up until now any moisture in the bed area I would assume to be coming from a slide leak.

Any pics?
__________________
Darwin & Maureen DeBackere
Minnedosa, Manitoba, Canada
2011/3500/Silverado/4x4/DRW/Duramax
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 06:25 AM   #12
timsea
Established Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Rockwall
Posts: 21
M.O.C. #18354
Hello Dick
If you could post some pics of the washer install and the door hinges. As we also have a 3720 and where thinking about a washing machine also just didn't know about the overflow pan and how they would run the line without just going through the floor of the slide. With the door swinging in to the bathroom the door clears the toilette ?? Thanks Tim
timsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 06:31 AM   #13
fatcatzzz
Montana Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: On The Road
Posts: 118
M.O.C. #14438
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsea View Post
Hello Dick
If you could post some pics of the washer install and the door hinges. As we also have a 3720 and where thinking about a washing machine also just didn't know about the overflow pan and how they would run the line without just going through the floor of the slide. With the door swinging in to the bathroom the door clears the toilette ?? Thanks Tim
X2 I would be interested in a few pics also.
Thanks
__________________
Ron&Sue
2017 Montana 3720RL Legacy
14' Ram 3500 DRW
fatcatzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:07 AM   #14
TLightning
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kville
Posts: 2,659
M.O.C. #7871
You guys are over thinking this. Many RVs have W/D in slides. Hopefully Keystone is smart enough to figure out how to do it successfully and correctly like everybody else.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:54 AM   #15
fatcatzzz
Montana Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: On The Road
Posts: 118
M.O.C. #14438
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLightning View Post
You guys are over thinking this. Many RVs have W/D in slides. Hopefully Keystone is smart enough to figure out how to do it successfully and correctly like everybody else.
Over thinking this, I think not. When you are about to drill holes in the slide of a brand new trailer, I for one want as much info as possible. Measure twice drill once would be the order of the day. Keystone gives you the location for the dryer vent, but does not give you a clue about location of drain-pan drain for the washer. As for the door, Keystone (in it's engineering wisdom) has provided us 3720-3721 owners no whey to access the bathroom with the slide in. IMHO any info about changing the door hinges would be most helpful.
__________________
Ron&Sue
2017 Montana 3720RL Legacy
14' Ram 3500 DRW
fatcatzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 04:30 PM   #16
DQDick
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Council Grove
Posts: 14,451
M.O.C. #11455
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcatzzz View Post
Over thinking this, I think not. When you are about to drill holes in the slide of a brand new trailer, I for one want as much info as possible. Measure twice drill once would be the order of the day. Keystone gives you the location for the dryer vent, but does not give you a clue about location of drain-pan drain for the washer. As for the door, Keystone (in it's engineering wisdom) has provided us 3720-3721 owners no whey to access the bathroom with the slide in. IMHO any info about changing the door hinges would be most helpful.
Actually, on this model Keystone didn't give us a place to put the dryer vent so we went straight up behind the washer. We've had the Splendide for six years now and never had a drain pan, we do have a water alarm on the floor next to it however. If I can ever figure out how to get pictures on here I will start a new thread on the door and post a couple of pics.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 05:45 PM   #17
DarMar
Montana Master
 
DarMar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Minnedosa
Posts: 3,827
M.O.C. #1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQDick View Post
Actually, on this model Keystone didn't give us a place to put the dryer vent so we went straight up behind the washer. We've had the Splendide for six years now and never had a drain pan, we do have a water alarm on the floor next to it however. If I can ever figure out how to get pictures on here I will start a new thread on the door and post a couple of pics.
No drain pan for us either. Since your post I find myself frequently looking at how to swing that pivot door for best results. I presume it now swings up against the toilet which will restrict the enter in space a bit but looks very doable.
__________________
Darwin & Maureen DeBackere
Minnedosa, Manitoba, Canada
2011/3500/Silverado/4x4/DRW/Duramax
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:26 PM   #18
DQDick
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Council Grove
Posts: 14,451
M.O.C. #11455
Yes, that's what we did and love it. I'd post pictures, but I can't seem to get that to work.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:51 AM   #19
fatcatzzz
Montana Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: On The Road
Posts: 118
M.O.C. #14438
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQDick View Post
Actually, on this model Keystone didn't give us a place to put the dryer vent so we went straight up behind the washer. We've had the Splendide for six years now and never had a drain pan, we do have a water alarm on the floor next to it however. If I can ever figure out how to get pictures on here I will start a new thread on the door and post a couple of pics.
Hummmm, Mine had a big red and white sticker where the dryer vent is to be drilled. Does not surprise me they forgot to put one on yours. BTW any luck with pics of the bathroom door?
Thanks
__________________
Ron&Sue
2017 Montana 3720RL Legacy
14' Ram 3500 DRW
fatcatzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 12:06 PM   #20
DQDick
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Council Grove
Posts: 14,451
M.O.C. #11455
No luck on pictures. I haven't been able to post pictures on the forum since I was a newbie. Tried all the suggestions and still didn't get anything to work. I've sent some folks pictures who PM'ed me. Just email me at Dqdick10432@yahoo.com and I'll send them to you. It's really no big deal, just flipped the door, and cut in the place for hinges and the lock.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.