Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Rio Grande Winter Texans
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2009, 03:09 PM   #21
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
We are heading for Texas and Arizona this winter for the first time. We are planning on leaving Michigan first of January and heading for Rockport and from there slowly wandering across Texas. We have heard so many good things about this area that we have to check it out. Looking forward to meeting with as many MOC Winter Texans as possible while there.

boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:48 AM   #22
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Carol & Jim: Probably have to go a little further south into the RGV to see most of us.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:48 PM   #23
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
We arrived yesterday and found a lot of construction.
This is a heads-up for those of you coming to the RV Parks 0n Bentsen Palm Dr. in Mission. There is construction on business 83 between the freeway to Bentsen Palm Dr. [along side the railroad track] plus another 4-5 miles on down, and on the west frontage road from before La Homa [by Burger King] [Los Ebanos offramp?] to Bentsen Palm Dr. [and on down to the HEB market]. The corner at Bentsen Palm and the east frontage road by the Jack-in-Box is also under construction. For those going south on Bentsen Palm I suggest taking the Inspiration Road off ramp and going down business 83 or turn left and go down by the VA cemetery. For anyone going north, the right turn at the west frontage road/Bentsen Palm is really tight right now although it may be usable in a few weeks. The right turn at La Homa seems OK. The section of Old Military Road between Conway and the cane fields is still real bad and unpaved.
Just a note, the freeway had no construction all the way from Harlingen.
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:25 AM   #24
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
That's a big change for the freeway without construction. Glad you made it safely. Thanks for the info.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:02 AM   #25
daily double
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9256
Leaving Okla right after Xmas will be staying at Paradise South until around Apr 1
daily double is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:42 AM   #26
RonT
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9360
Diana & I will be leaving around Dec 1st and will be spending our 4th winter at the Rio Grande Bible Institute in Edinburg, TX (bordered by Expressway 281, Trenton & business 281). We do volunteer work 4 days a week there. They have an RV park for the volunteers. We will leave there in time for the Spring Rally. Will look forward to any gatherings of MOC'er. Fridays would be best for us.
RonT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:24 PM   #27
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Sorry I haven't been on the boards since the beginning of October. We are having to put in a new road to our property so I have been busy with that and took a cruise to Cabo San Lucas October 9th.

Not sure what a GSC is????? Help....???

As for some campgrounds. We have a two state parks near the Dripping Springs area. One is Pedernales state park and the other is Blanco state Park. Pedernales does not have full hook ups, unless it has changed recently. Blanco SP does have full hook ups. Both parks are nice, but not anything real fancy. We have a Corp of Engineers park in Canyon Lake that is called Potters Creek. The park that is near by here is outside of town (Dripping Spring). They are a smaller RV park without all of the traffic.

Let me know if you need other info.... I will be sure to check back for the next several days. Leave on another cruise at the end of October.

Colleen

PS I just googled the local RV park... It is Cottonwood Creek RV park in Dripping Springs. Look under RV Park reviews for some posts by people that have stayed there. There is another park in Johnson City at the end of Hwy 290 and Hwy 281. Sorry I can't remember the name. It is located near the highway so traffic noise might be an issue. Also a campground on Hamilton pool road near Lakeway..... thinking of Lakeway there is one that is Hacienda RV...They are a little more upscale. There is a park that is about five miles from where I live. They allow people to camp, but not sure for how long. This campground belongs to the Daughters of the Confederacy.Let me knowif you are interested in one near our house.
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:37 AM   #28
berridge
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6415
Wayne and Margie Berridge will be at Bentsen Palm RV Resort,Site 815, in Mission. Hope to arrive early in Dec.
berridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:41 PM   #29
Ma and Pa Wilson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6621
We are in the Valley at Bentsen Palm Village RV Resort in Mission till March 6th. We would be open for lunch somewhere down here if one is set up let us know Ma and Pa Wilson
Ma and Pa Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:47 AM   #30
Phyllen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9165
We will be on our first NOMADS project in Pharr (near McAllen) from 2/1 to 2/18. Looking forward to it. Sure hope the weather cooperates. I will not miss the winter months of New Jersey.
Phyllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:37 PM   #31
osofine
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7471
Send a message via AIM to osofine
We have been down in the RGV since Oct 30th at Mission West Resort. Plenty of Monty's around here. This is our 3rd season and the chilliest one. But when the sun shines...... I forget the chill.
Come by on any Monday for great burgers, fries, onion rings or chicken sandwiches at the hall from 3-5:30. Always good.
osofine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:14 AM   #32
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
We will not be there this winter as I have a problem that is in recovery not. This no fun up here in the cold and snow. See everyone next winter.
hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:43 PM   #33
thor
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6133
we will be at llano grande resort in the north end in mercedes tx
thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:51 PM   #34
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
I will be in GREEN GATE GROVE, MISSION... #113. There are several of the Montana group that stay there and down the road at Bentsen Palm, BOTH GREAT PARKS WITH LOTS TO DO... Hey MONTYMAN LARRY AND SUE SEE YOU THERE.......
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 05:42 PM   #35
wersqu
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5683
We won't be in the RGV but will winter for two months in Port Aransas/Pioneer RV Resort. We will be glad to meet anyone in the area!!!
wersqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:03 AM   #36
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
We are leaving tomorrow morning...We will take our time getting therevia the Natchez Trace again and will be at Fun N Sun in San Benito by about the 7th November..
Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote