Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
maximo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11371
Lippert 6 point leveling system

Those of you that have the Lippert 6 point leveling system how do you like it? Any problems?

Frank

maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:37 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Love it! Had mine installed as an after market upgrade. Only problem was, in really cold weather, the hydraulic fluid thickened an fooled the computer into acting as if the rear legs were up when they weren't. The solution was to manually raise the rear legs. On the positive side, it caused me to automatically check all feet every time to make certain they are in the up position.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:47 PM   #3
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Our SOB came with the 6 hydraulic jacks, the is our second 5th wheel with the Lippert 6 hydraulic jack. The hydraulic level up system is a great system. Makes set and take down very fast and easy. Good Luck with your research... Happy Trails....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:47 PM   #4
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Love ours as well. Like Stiles, we had one incident where the rear landing gear did not raise all the way. Since than no other problems. We have used it more than once to raise the unit off the ground to do repairs.
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:37 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
If I may add to Frank's question, since I'm very interested in this topic, do you guys with this system feel it removes ALL movement on all types of rv park surfaces? If not, could you tell us your impressions as to how much movement it removes? How about vertical movement as well as horizontal?

And if you've had JT's or other stabilizers in the past, how does this compare?

Thanks. Frank, I hope I'm not horning in on your question. I'd really like to know.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:52 AM   #6
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Steve, I have tried almost all the gadgets to stop movement. None worked. The 6 hydraulic jacks do help some however there is still movement. I now pay no attention to the small amount of movement. The hydraulic level up systems does help more than the other gadgets.

I also have the air ride system suspension under the 5er also, so when the tires are on the ground the suspension is on air. Now if you raise the 5th wheel off the ground which you can there will still be some movement.

Just today I was preping the 5er for our trip to Colorado on Sunday. And I took some jack stands over to my father inlaws house to put under the car trailer that we store there while we are on trips. I was thinking if I raised the 5er off the ground and used at least 6 jacks stands (heavy duty) under the frame it would possible stop some movement. But the only way to stop movement is blocks and shims like a mobie home uses!!!!

I just don't worry about the movement, I do feel the 6 hydraulic jacks do in fact prevent more of the movement that the old electric jacks. Happy Trails....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:44 PM   #7
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
Steve,
Just bought a 2011 3400, with the Big Sky Package which includes the Leveling system. We have had it for a month now and have set up at 4 different campgrounds and really love it. (moving around so much because we are working our way back to Maine, bought it in Florida) Of course it makes it so much easier for you for setting up and leaving. When you are on a concrete pad it removes all of the movement. On a gravel site 99% of the movement is gone.
You still have a little but nothing compared to what you have before.

That's our opinion on it, definitely feel it is well worth the money. Hope this answers your question.
mainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:10 PM   #8
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
We left our rear JT stabilizers on as we noticed a little rear movement. With the 6 point and the rear JTs down we have no movement. Louise loves it and I am truely a happy camper now.
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:03 PM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks to each of you. I appreciate that information. Now to save my pennies...
Old 07-08-2011, 03:32 PM   #10
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Steve,

Compared to king pin tripod, no comparison. Compared to JT type stabilizers, vastly superior. Absolutely no movement, no, there are still small amounts of motion. The convenience, ease, and speed on set up and break down is the reason for getting an automatic leveling system. Stability is much better, but secondary.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:36 AM   #11
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
I concur with everyone else. If we plan to be on a site for an extended period, I'll still put down the rear electric stabilizers. Helps take the last little wiggle out, but for short stays, I don't mess with the rear stabilizers. Agree about cement pads, very rock solid, especially if you take some of the weight off the wheels, on grass or other softer surfaces there is still some movement, but not enough to bother, at least not us.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:53 AM   #12
7.3Ford
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9808
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

If I may add to Frank's question, since I'm very interested in this topic, do you guys with this system feel it removes ALL movement on all types of rv park surfaces? If not, could you tell us your impressions as to how much movement it removes? How about vertical movement as well as horizontal?

And if you've had JT's or other stabilizers in the past, how does this compare?

Thanks. Frank, I hope I'm not horning in on your question. I'd really like to know.
Steve,

I have BigFoot, but I am think they are the same. I haven't put the rear stabilizers down once sine we had BigFoot installed. You know when the washer is in spin cycle, but is better than stock jacks and stabilizers.

Another nice feature is you can hang the back end over a drop off, which can make some sits a lot nicer having the Monty future back.
7.3Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks for everyone for all the replies. John, our washer and dryer thankfully do not vibrate the rig even when spinning. Well, they will if the washer goes out of balance.