Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2010, 12:03 PM   #1
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Mor-Ryde X-Factor

I am fabricating some braces similar to the X-Factor sold by Mor-Ryde, my question is if anyone has the X-Factor, and if so would know how heavy the channel material is, from the looks of it ,it looks to be about 2*1/2" on all three sides. I would think the material thickness on the channel would not be much heavier than 1/8'. My thought was using 2*1/2 x 2*1/2 x 1/8 tube or if it is heavier wall thickness use the same size tube in 3/16 wall. I will not have to bolt the two halves together, I will make them in one piece. I have already figured out what plate thickness they are using on the ends, by the length of the bolts they supply, which are longer than the OEM bolts. I hate to overkill it, and add weight that is not needed, but do not want it to flex if too light. Also installing the Mor-Ryde wet bolt kit at the same time, it is more money than the Dexter, but Dexter does not address the shear spring brackets on the LRE suspension. Mor-Ryde upgrades the shear spring brackets so they too will have a wet bolt that can be greased. If anyone could give me an idea on the metal size of those braces it would be helpful. Thanks

PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote