Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2008, 12:21 PM   #21
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I guess everyone is going to read what they want to read and not read to the last line.

So, Everyone. Please stay safe for yourself and for others.

And I don't care how you do it as long as you stay safe.

Isn't that the important thing?

Thimk!

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:42 PM   #22
billhoover
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7895
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rames14

I've spent an hour or so trying to decide how to respond to this forum, or whether I should just ignore it. It is starting to get to the point of mean spirited and I hope the moderators come in and say something. Some of the people that are pointing fingers are relatively new and when you point your finger at some of the people that have helped hundreds of MOCer's with their issues, I take offense. Those people were among the first to welcome me, they were instrumental in starting and maintaining this forum and they have logged many more hours behind the wheel than I will for a while.
If this is directed at me, 'one of the new guys' and you take offense, I do appologize. I would suggest, however, that just because a guy is new to this forum has nothing to do with his knowledge of anything. I've been a member for a number of months, but choose not to post often. There is lots of information that is posted that is not exactly correct, or does not tell the whole story regarding some issues. With this forum's reputation of locking people out when disagreeing with more 'senior' members...I choose to be quiet.
billhoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:26 PM   #23
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by billhoover

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rames14

I've spent an hour or so trying to decide how to respond to this forum, or whether I should just ignore it. It is starting to get to the point of mean spirited and I hope the moderators come in and say something. Some of the people that are pointing fingers are relatively new and when you point your finger at some of the people that have helped hundreds of MOCer's with their issues, I take offense. Those people were among the first to welcome me, they were instrumental in starting and maintaining this forum and they have logged many more hours behind the wheel than I will for a while.
If this is directed at me, 'one of the new guys' and you take offense, I do appologize. I would suggest, however, that just because a guy is new to this forum has nothing to do with his knowledge of anything. I've been a member for a number of months, but choose not to post often. There is lots of information that is posted that is not exactly correct, or does not tell the whole story regarding some issues. With this forum's reputation of locking people out when disagreeing with more 'senior' members...I choose to be quiet.
You noticed that too eh! I thought it was just me....
Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:12 PM   #24
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Bill and Don -

No, I wasn't singling anyone out. And this forum is for everyone, new and old. But many take aim at people without knowing their experience level, past posts or personal situation. I am not a fulltimer, so I don't have the miles, nights or experiences of those that are. I put a little more credibility in those people - especially when they're on their third Montana and have criss-crossed the country countless times. I know that you are both trying to get your point across. And this forum is great for free exchange of ideas. And, most of the people that are discussing weight are talking about a slight weight variance - not the thousand pounds that Bill mentioned on another thread. I look forward to your continued posts, as I learn something from most everyone on this forum. I did not intend to irritate anyone, but to try to get everyone to be a little less opinionated, especially on this topic. I look forward to sharing a campsite with both of you someday. Hopefully at the next Goshen rally (since I'm not retired and changed jobs last year, that's the only rally we get to attend).

Ron
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:30 PM   #25
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29

Quote from Billhoover:
There is lots of information that is posted that is not exactly correct, or does not tell the whole story regarding some issues. With this forum's reputation of locking people out when disagreeing with more 'senior' members...I choose to be quiet. End of Quote from Billhoover

Bill you are, of course, free to believe whatever you want! Your belief that members of this forum are LOCKED out if they should post something in disagreement with a "more senior" member is simply incorrect. We have NEVER locked any member simply because they disagreed with a more senior member. We have locked members for other valid reasons and will continue to do so.

Such a belief begs the question of why you even hang around this forum!

We value each and every members input to this forum whether it is from someone brand new to RVing and or the Forum or and "old salt" that has been around since there was dirt. As long as the posts are in keeping with the Mission Statement and rules of this Forum they all are welcome.

RVWheels, MOC Admin
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:34 AM   #26
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
How did this thread get this way? It is an obvious non sequitur and funny, cartoon like, picture. Why not laugh at how silly the cartoon is and leave it at that?
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:50 AM   #27
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
I joined in on this topic to agree with billhoover only because he made a SIMILAR complaint to one I made months ago.....Now I have call someone that is on this forum and get them to read to me anything that they can see that I have posted..as it seems to me that I can see it there in front of me but apparently no one else does, I have made a concious effort to get involved in conversations, ask advice, or drop a quip into some threads......again its the same thing as my original gripe when I joined....ignored, overlooked, acknowledged by a few... and now..even adding my 2 cents to a critique of the forum that get a major rebuttal......my donation gets overlooked and ignored.....I have developed a complex and become paranoid... I may have to find OZZ and get him to fix me...:}
Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:30 PM   #28
billhoover
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7895
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RVWheels

Bill you are, of course, free to believe whatever you want! Your belief that members of this forum are LOCKED out if they should post something in disagreement with a "more senior" member is simply incorrect. We have NEVER locked any member simply because they disagreed with a more senior member. We have locked members for other valid reasons and will continue to do so.

Such a belief begs the question of why you even hang around this forum!

RVWheels, MOC Admin
IMHO, based on comments I have received from other members of THIS forum, I believe my initial comments are true...maybe not from your perspective.

I hang around for two reasons...to learn more about my Montana and to be able to talk to the smart folks on the forum if I have a question/problem related to the Montana.

In the past I have refrained from posting because I get extremely irritated by some of the incorrect, erroneous, misleading, deceptive, half true, and just plain untrue posts that have been made by others regarding tow vehicles. Normally, I read them and keep going, I don't need the aggravation or the elevated blood pressure. I have no doubt some posts are made from ignorance which is understandable. To my way of thinking, posts made for any other reason are unacceptable. Posters, who know anything at all about TVs, are well aware of the many examples throughout the various threads.

I think I'll go back to reading more, less typing, and ignoring this subject!
billhoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:42 PM   #29
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
Bill: A very wise move.IMHO
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:58 PM   #30
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Send a message via ICQ to Bob Pasternak
When I posted that picture, it was for the amusement value ONLY! I had no idea that some people would again take it upon themselves to try and tell the rest of us hardheads what we can or can't haul/pull/tow or otherwise move with what we might be driveing at the time. Had I known the end, I'd not have posted it.
Bob Pasternak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:11 PM   #31
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
Based on Bob's last post this thread will be locked.

Thank you,

RVWheels, MOC Admin.
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote