Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2007, 06:53 AM   #1
peter kopf

M.O.C. #7338
dvd home theaters

i have a 2007 3075 and have two knew dvd players that have broke and will not play has any one else hade this problem also dose any one know who make them keytone will not tell me manufacture and owner man has no # or adress thanks

peter kopf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:02 AM   #2
Blord
Established Member

M.O.C. #7545
We purchased a 3500RL last month in GA and I had tried the everything on the DVD player except playing a DVD and everything worked. The night before we headed home I tried playing the "Lug nut torquing" video and it wouldn't play. It gave the message "bad disc". I tried several other DVDs with the same result.

The lady in the service/parts department said that was the 4th one that they had found bad. She said that they normally kept a spare, but that one had been used and they hadn't received their shipment of replacements. They had to remove one from another RV to solve my problem.

Doesn't speak well for the quality of the units.
Blord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:26 PM   #3
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I just recently blew my amp out of my Quest 3000. It was replaced under warranty with a Quest 4000. Blew that amp too. The unit just locked up and wouldn't turn off or otherwise respond to the remote or buttons. Only recourse was to pull the plug. Not sure if that's your problem.

Just had my new Quest 4000 installed at the dealership on Mon. We will see how this works...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:29 PM   #4
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
I have the 4000 and it hangs up like Dave's and the DVD does not work. They are made in China need I say more. I don't know if I will have the dealer replace it under warranty or just go buy a good one and put it in myself.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:47 PM   #5
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
Join the Club -- ours needs replacing too. Last time I had a race trying to get the DVD in and then out again. The tray kept going in and out and would not stop until the DVD was in the tray and I pushed the play button. Plan to replace ours with a different brand.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by peter kopf

i have a 2007 3075 and have two knew dvd players that have broke and will not play has any one else hade this problem also dose any one know who make them keytone will not tell me manufacture and owner man has no # or adress thanks
Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:47 PM   #6
peter kopf

M.O.C. #7338
thanks every body for info it is bad disc that has came up they replace it again hope it will last more than one trip this time i would replace with better name brand but have not found one that will fit as nice and do all the same thangs when it works it is great let everybody know how it gose i will be leaveing on a five week trip thanks again
peter kopf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:23 AM   #7
yvonnenid
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4853
Thanks to this forum, when we purchased our 06 Montana we immediately bought a Sony Home Theatre and replaced our Quest unit without even trying it! Best move we ever made! The Sony is awesome and we have avoided all the problems everyone has had with the Quest!
yvonnenid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:42 AM   #8
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Hey folks - what is the model of the Sony home theater system you are installing? Are you doing just the unit or speakers as well. Is it a 5.1?

Used ours for the first time. DVD no worky. Noticed Camping World has a Coby replacement for $39 so that kind of gives me an idea of the total investment I'll be tossing in the trash next to my Apollo oven.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:48 PM   #9
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
I posted this some time ago. System is working fine and I installed a couple of db15 connectors so I can transfer it back and forth between house and trailer.

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=23504
ARJ is offline   Reply With Quote