Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2005, 02:19 AM   #1
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
LadyRam had a ride on a flatbed yesterday.

Not sure what the problem is. She is due to be diagnosed this morning at the dealership. I was driving along and she started shaking and sputtering and shut down. At first I thought the symptoms were bad fuel. But If water I thought the by-pass would take care of that.

There has been a lot of filling of of tanks around here this past week. Due to stations running out. Usually I am very careful about filling up right after a tanker has left, but last week you bought fuel when you could find fuel.

Anyway if it is fuel they will be draining $60 worth. If it's not fuel I sure hope it's something covered under my extended warranty with Chrysler.

I also hope I get her back today. I feel like a sitting duck with Ophelia spinning around out there maybe doing a loop-de-lo or maybe not. I need to be ready to go if she decides to take aim. If Lady-Ram had not of conked out on me I would be heading over to Ft Wilderness today anyway for the weekend. Decided I could just head out now and not deal with the stress of waiting and watching all weekend long. That way if she headed our way I would already be out of the evacuate zone and ready for plan be. If not have a fun weekend and relieve some of this low grade storm anxiety that is always present lately.

But I guess that's not to be and I sit here and watch and wait and hope Lady-Ram gets home soon.

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 01:30 PM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
fla native, when we picked up some bad fuel up in Alaska, our insurance company was going to go after the fuel company for the $$. We haven't heard the final resolution but the Dodge dealers stated that it was bad fuel. Hope it works out for you.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 12:15 PM   #3
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Lady-Ram should be home tomorrow with a brand new Fuel Pump. That was the problem and under warranty. The fuel filter that I replaced last month was not. I'm hoping the $60 worth of Diesel is put back. I did need a serpentine belt and went ahead with replacing the tires because I needed them too.

When I asked them to match Sam's Club price for out the door for the same Michelins they agreed. Sam's club was lower than all the other locals. So it saved me another trip and a new Sam's membership. Which is not always a good thing on the budget in the long run. You can see a lot of things you want to buy at Sam's while you are waiting on you tires.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 01:22 PM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
You're right about Sam's, fla native. I never get out of there without something expensive....but "worthwhile".
Old 10-10-2005, 04:49 AM   #5
Montana_4759

M.O.C. #4759
We picked-up a bad load of diesel fuel recently and the quick fix was adding a bottle of Cetane Booster. Within minutes the truck started running better and after a three start and stops the check engine light turned off (as the truck owners manual explained). We now carry a spare bottle behind the rear seat in case it happens again.

John
Montana_4759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 07:52 AM   #6
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
That's an interesting solution to the problem, FalconLover. Seems simple enough. Why is it so expensive to make repairs if the solution is so simple? Our check engine light never came on. The motor just stopped running, after a few sputtering stops.