Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC on M.A.R.S. > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Notices

Old 01-23-2019, 06:46 PM   #1
SolarRuss

M.O.C. #23247
Wink Montana Jaboni Solar Pre-wire

I have been searching for any wiring diagrams on my 2019 Montana 3810MS. Cant seem to find anything online. Sales sent me to service which sent me to the Keystone company. The factory said they did not have any wiring diagrams which I find odd. Anyway, I am a solar installer for homes and businesses, do some off grid and battery stuff too but, it would help a lot if I could find out where the wires go from the MC4 connectors on the roof. I would also like to find out where the inverter is now and maybe I can figure out the best way to install my solar.
I have 4 310 watt solar modules I would like to put on the roof, most of the information seems to lean to a 2000W inverter. Some say 3000 but, I think I need to go a bit bigger as I also have 4 100ah 12v LifePo4 batteries which should do pretty good. Any help would be appreciated.
SolarRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 08:57 PM   #2
AZ Traveler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20477
Russ,

First, welcome to the forum!

I don't have the same model or year but your wires should come down behind your panel in the hall with your lighting switches. Unless something has changed in 19 you will find they are 10 or 12 gauge wires not capable to support the panels you are planning. Your inverter should be up in the front battery compartment if there is one installed.

I have smaller panels you are planning, 2 255 watt panels and I put in heavier wiring from the roof to the charge controller in the battery compartment.

I am a little curious what charge controller and converter or inverter/charger you are planning to use with your LifePo4 batteries? My understanding is most charge controllers and the stock converter will tend to overcharge them. Your solar seems a little overkill to support 400ah battery bank particularly with the advantages of lithium.
"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 10:09 PM   #3
SolarRuss

M.O.C. #23247
Lithium Charger

There are a few chargers around that charge LifeP04. It does bother me when they auto sense the batteries. I have not found one I like that charges Lithium.
I have the modules so It does not matter that I have too much, they will be flat and not produce 100% anyway.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:48 PM   #4
Drifty1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9441
It depends on the voltage of your panels. My panels are 435 watts at 82 volts which run though a 10 gauge wire. We have a total of 1305 watts in parallel feeding my Midnight Classic 150 charge controller. The higher the voltage the lower the amps.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:48 PM   #5
SolarRuss

M.O.C. #23247
Pre wire found

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarRuss View Post
I have been searching for any wiring diagrams on my 2019 Montana 3810MS. Cant seem to find anything online. Sales sent me to service which sent me to the Keystone company. The factory said they did not have any wiring diagrams which I find odd. Anyway, I am a solar installer for homes and businesses, do some off grid and battery stuff too but, it would help a lot if I could find out where the wires go from the MC4 connectors on the roof. I would also like to find out where the inverter is now and maybe I can figure out the best way to install my solar.
I have 4 310 watt solar modules I would like to put on the roof, most of the information seems to lean to a 2000W inverter. Some say 3000 but, I think I need to go a bit bigger as I also have 4 100ah 12v LifePo4 batteries which should do pretty good. Any help would be appreciated.
The wires go from the battery to the roof. They run from the MC4 connectors on the roof to just behind the panel in the storage compartment left of the vacuum. From there they go to the terminals connected to the battery.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3810 prewire1.jpg (131.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 3810 prewire2.jpg (79.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 3810 prewire3.jpg (103.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 3810 prewire4.jpg (128.3 KB, 2 views)
Old 02-10-2019, 06:33 PM   #6
gjennings
Established Member

M.O.C. #22840
I use a Victron charge controller for my setup that I’m working on. Right now I am just using a 335 Watt panel that I had left over from doing my house to keep the 2 12v batteries charged over winter. I to will end up with 3 more 335 Watt panels on the roof.
Victron is Bluetooth so you can check the charging status on you phone.
gjennings is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter, jaboni, solar, wiring