Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2006, 11:03 AM   #21
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Jim, Rich answered your question before I read your post. He is correct. April or after will include the lastest mfr fixes. Don't want to have to go through all this stuff with an older unit that is pulled out of inventory. If not April, or after, I will have them wait until they can get one to replace my non-functional one that is currently filling a hole in our kitchen wall.

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:42 AM   #22
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Dave..There is also a fuse inside the Apollo..just a ordinary fuse.That black cover is easy to remove to check the fuse and there is that blasted plastic gasket around the door. We can take a look at it at the rally if it is not replaced..Tell Bill I can't find any reason to bring the camper back ....yet....
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 03:45 PM   #23
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Where about is that fuse Rich? I can't see it. Do I have to pull the oven out of it's cubby hole?

Pulling that thing out of there ranks right up with dropping the belly panels underneath. You have no leverage, then you have to hold on to the oven with one hand (arm), while trying to reach back to unplug from the back wall. Who thought of putting that appliance in there like that??? The same guy who attached the TV in the LR???
Old 09-19-2006, 12:39 PM   #24
Amps
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3430
Update on our problems with this ..........
We received the new PC Board, had it installed and yes the Microwave function is back on line but that is it. The convection side does not work at all. My technician did check all connections, relays and whatever and still cannot find out what is wrong. He even talked to Apollo and they were of no help at all.
We are near $200.00 of parts and labor and so far, just a waste of money and time.
It worked for 14 months and will more than likely end up in the garbage by the end of the month.
Hope you find a solution to your problems.
Amps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:01 PM   #25
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Dave..not to worry...Helen can do it////
Old 09-19-2006, 02:36 PM   #26
jsrang
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1726
Update - I checked the tightness of the door gasket. It is recessed and located inside the "notched" area, such that it does not prevent the door from closing tight. So, I believe it is OK. Where is the fuse located? Also, since we are coming to the rally, we have scheduled an appointment at the Apollo Store in South Bend, to have them check it out since it is covered under the Extended Warranty.

Jim
jsrang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:40 PM   #27
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
The plastic seal around the door broke yesterday while pushing it back in. We left the door open for the microwave to cool down and the seal warped. From now on, the door will be closed after use.
Don
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:20 PM   #28
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
I used our Apollo oven about three times before it broke. We have already had a new one installed by the dealership. I haven't tried all of the cooking modes on the new oven yet, only the microwave. Our gasket broke on our oven and it would not cook in any mode. Dealership looked at it and ordered a new one, so I don't think it is just a gasket problem.

Dave

I need to look at the date ours was maufactured. Thanks for posting the date the new changes were made. Since it is cooling off here I will try cooking in it to see if all of the different cooking modes work.

I agree that there is tons of moisture when cooking in this thing even in microwave mode.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:19 PM   #29
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
You're welcome Colleen.

Rich, that makes me feel better...

Tomorrow I will have a new oven - maybe. Emailed T & C and told them about the April date. They were preoccupied with the length of my list, I had just emailed to them, which was mostly non-essential stuff, but didn't relay that fact to them well enough. They momentarily thought I wanted them to just about re-build our entire 3400 from the ground up - in 4 hours (Hey, it can be done...).

By the time I was able to calm them down, I had forgotten to re-emphasize the mfr date on the oven...
Old 09-20-2006, 05:16 PM   #30
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
Well, guess what? Our microwave just died, too. Worked fine to cook dinner, and the next norning it didn't work. Just like the others, it sounds like it's running,the clock works, but it doesn't heat. Guess I'll get on the phone, too.
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 10:25 PM   #31
Fjkiss
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6278
Hi to all,
We had problems with ours from day 2
I called the dealer they said they fixed it that lasted tell I opened the door for the 3rd time. New one on order. got it.
there is a interlock switch with the door button I think,
on our 2nd unit now, found that if the door is not closed hard it won't work (just clock) slam door works ok I hope. not going for 3rd
one.
Fjkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 06:09 PM   #32
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
June 2006 mfr date on our new 1/2 time oven. Looks nice with all of the paper labeling all over it. It's after I pull it off and try to use it that my concerns will start. Really great having a clock in the Montana that we can see in low light. You don't know how much you miss that little feature until don't have it for a few weeks...
Old 09-22-2006, 03:48 AM   #33
jsrang
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1726
Update! Got my unit repaired @ Midwest Sales & Service in SB on our way to the Rally. The NTC (diode) had failed, which cost $20 and $50 for labor. The Extended warrantee covered the repair. Midwest is located @ 917 S Chapin St, SB IN 46601 @ 574-287-3365. Tammy and Bob (Technician) were great to work with. Took about an hour.

Jim
jsrang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:44 AM   #34
Bobcat
Established Member

M.O.C. #6048
Received my door choke filler, this is what Apollo calls it. Was in a big envelope. Yep, you guessed it, broke in three pieces. Called Apollo. Girl said she did not have any boxes, buit would try to find one to ship another.
Bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 03:44 PM   #35
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
Well, here's an update. I called Apollo direct, and after I made contact with Lynn, (be patient), she said that she would send the parts to my home address and have a sears technician out to fix the unit. I'll be home in a week, and will let youknow how it turns out.
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:03 AM   #36
zzuroweste1
Established Member

M.O.C. #3581
We are going on our 4th unit in 15 months...They are total garbage. The first two, latch broke on the door...next one the timer times about 1.5 minutes for a 1 minute input...Keystone is working with us now since apollo told us tough luck...even though the newest unit was only built in feb06. I hope keystone drops this company soon...they are absolutely horrible.
zzuroweste1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:32 AM   #37
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Obviously, some of you have had problems with your Half-time Oven, but I've got to say that I absolutley love ours!

We have had it for nearly two years and I use it for almost every meal that we have in the trailer (and that is almost all of them when we are camping). It has never failed, and always produces an attractive well-cooked meal. We ordered the replacement latch part, even though there is no problem with the one we have. They shipped it promptly to our home in a bubble pack envelope.

This is Thanksgiving weekend in Canada, and the Half time oven will be brought into service to bake a grape pie while the turkey cooks in the house oven.

I'm sorry some of you are having problems with yours, but it is really a great appliance, and well worth keeping.

Donna.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:15 PM   #38
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Although our camper is only 5 months old Helen uses the 1/2 time oven all the time.We did order and replace the door latch although it had not failed..yet...It is certainly not a high quality appliance but seems to be doing the job ok...
Old 10-06-2006, 03:04 PM   #39
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
Our half time has been working non stop for a year now and no problems. Our door latch does stick once in awhile, but nothing major with the appliance.
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 04:22 PM   #40
Bobcat
Established Member

M.O.C. #6048
Good luck getting the gasket from Apollo in one piece. First and second one came broke. They do not know how to pack.
Bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote