Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2018, 07:58 AM   #1
rgparker57
Established Member

M.O.C. #21711
Issues with Montana High Country 330rl

Good morning... I have made several posts about the new Montana High Country 330 rl we purchased in Feb 2018. Had many problems with the coach, and after a fairly long road trip the problems really increased.. Just a few on the list.. Converter failed, battery failed, refrigerator quit working on gas, water pump quit working, air conditioner cycled on and off and on and off. The passenger slide cable frayed and broke, the fascia came off the same slide, the solid surface counter top cracked near the stove, the auto levelers worked less then half the time, the rear axle came out of alignment and we had to replace the tires that wore out because of negative camber and the inside of the tires were into the steel belts, the entry door leaked from the top when it rained, toilet does not seal and had to apply Vaseline weekly to keep it sealed, both ends of the passenger slide have dents, floor in the bathroom sinks about 1 inch near the heater vent, on the drivers side (kitchen slide) the grommet came off on the top and damaged the weather stripping. All in all we have a list of 36 issues with the NEW coach. We have taken the coach to the dealer where we purchased and they are working on and trying to get approval from the Keystone company.. I have spoken with the consumer department of Keystone, and was given information that all would be taken care of and was even told that there might be so many problems that they (keystone) does not want this coach on the road.. Was told by the Head of the Consumer department that she would get with the service writer and service manager and follow this thru to make sure the coach was repaired or taken off the road.. Well to anyone's surprise that has not happened.. I took the coach in on July 24, supplied the names to Keystone Consumer Manager of the service writer and service manager and she has not and did not contact.. The dealer does not have any authorizations as of yet and I do not know when to expect any.. I am not angry with the selling dealer, they did not build this coach Keystone DID... Very unsatisfied and if and when we get this lemon of a coach back, we will be selling or trading in, but we will NOT BE DRIVING this unsafe product on the roads.. Just an FYI this is our third new coach so we have some experience with Keystone Products. We (my wife and I) are retired and were hoping this would be our last coach to be able to tour the country and check off our bucket list.. What a shame....Thanks for listening or reading and this will be the last post.. I know Keystone builds good products and there are thousands of them on the road.. That is why we purchased another product from them.. Do not know why they will not accept responsibility for a bad product or why they do not do what they say, but oh well.. There are other companies to purchase from.. Thanks

rgparker57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 09:23 AM   #2
PNW Fireguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18081
Sorry to hear about the issues you are having. Just to share my experience with you which is by no means unique in hope that it may give you a sense that things can be worked out. By comparison the issues we have had since purchasing our Montana have been minimal. However Keystone authorized every repair via any dealer/repair center we chose to use. In addition I was able to establish contact with Keystone directly to stay on top of the status of all of our issues as they worked their way through the Keystone system. I kept good records of all phone calls including names, dates and times. I found Keystone to be professional and polite in working with me. In addition several of my issues were not discovered until after the warranty period had expired...Keystone still helped me since I had great documentation. In cases where they did not the Lippert stepped up and helped me as a good will gesture.

Keystone is churning these things out at an extremely high rate to take advantage of a booming economy. There are bound to be issues. They do have the ability to provide you with satisfaction and I and many others on the forum are proof positive of that.

Best of luck with your repairs.
PNW Fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 09:52 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Have you contacted Keystone again to find our what's going on. The problem, has in many cases, been the dealer. This time of year they can do all the work they want at regular rates, putting off warranty work whenever they can make more money elsewhere.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 10:13 AM   #4
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I agree with the others, Keystone agreed to fix it and the dealer hasn't followed through. Let me guess, the dealer is Mike Thompson. Contact Keystone once again, find out what the dealer has done, and then go beat on the dealer.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:07 AM   #5
bad99ram
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18650
One point I would like to make is that many of the complaints are on items that are manufactured by other vendors. Norcold, Dometic, Suburban, Atwood, Lippert ect. If you belong to other forums , they have many of the same issues and complaints on these same items. The problems are not inclusive just on keystone.
bad99ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:28 AM   #6
Lenny K
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14417
On our other 5th wheel that we owned prior to this Montana it was a real gong show with the dealer. I would take it in for warranty work and the service department would say they would get right on it and contact the company for authorization. I would phone service back in a week and they would advise they were waiting to hear back. I then would phone the company and they said they have not heard anything from that service department. Phone back to service and then they would confess they hadn't done anything yet. This was a never ending cycle. The so called technician said he hated working on the brand of trailer I had.
Needless to say I would never buy anything from that dealer again.

The service department makes the dealership.

Lenny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:32 AM   #7
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Ugly situation for sure. Sorry to hear about such significant issues.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 02:17 PM   #8
rgparker57
Established Member

M.O.C. #21711
Never ending Montana High Country Problems

Just a new update on the problems with our Montana High Country 330RL fifth wheel.. From last post we took our fifth wheel to Mike Thompson RV in Fountain Valley on July 24. Was supposed to have it inspected the following Monday. .Not done.. Did not hear back from MTRV or Keystone.. So I receive a call and email from their Consumer division Sacha.. She arranged to have an inspector meet us on Tuesday Aug 21.. We showed up at 11:00 AM and went through the inspection and listed the 37 issues, even finding a new one.. Dale (the inspector from Keystone) Made notes, looked at all issues and assured us we would hear from Keystone on or by Friday August 24...No call, no email, nothing.. So I sent another email and called but no response.. Today is Sunday August 26, can't wait to hear or see their excuse this time. I did send a demand letter on Friday to the consumer department and their manager.. Also copied the president of Keystone, and Mike Thompson RV.. I am wearing down....Gary
rgparker57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 03:06 PM   #9
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Okay not to add to your woes, but make sure you check your slide gear boxes for leaks. They can and will damage your slides if they do.

So sorry you are going through all of this
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 03:41 PM   #10
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
What?

hey, how the heck can we see what the issue is???? one paragraph seems a bit tooo long.

actually my wife, who is OCD, read your comments. her response was: 'only 17 issues' what is the issue? all of them are minor issues and you need to get with the dealer.

if montana doesn't want it on the road? Is that specifically what they said? then get it back to goshen, indiana or park it in the dealer lot and push keystone to replace it. And YES, they do replace new RVs.

We've know about having new RVs replaced.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote