Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Polls
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 05:15 PM   #21
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Very happy, no significant issues.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
Old 01-08-2018, 05:17 PM   #22
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
Seven years of Long-Timing, for us it's Bang-For-The-Buck, and Montana has provided all the Bang I can Buck.
Old 01-08-2018, 05:41 PM   #23
cpaulsen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18275
Never a problem with our 03 3670RL.........and just ought a 2018 HC 330RL. Will see how it goes.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:53 PM   #24
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
3rd Montana and have been very pleased with each one.
1200 watts of Solar
Old 01-08-2018, 09:12 PM   #25
lilpeach
Established Member

M.O.C. #19266
Thumbs up

Happy with our Montana 3000RE. This is our second one. The first was a High Country 305RL.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:59 AM   #26
gkonney
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19870
We are Newbies and about the only thing I will say is that we researched the heck out of all Brands and Forums for years before deciding on a Montana. And, just by pure luck we found a leftover 2016 3000RE Legacy Edition. The Dealer experience was terrible just about anywhere we went, many of them still in business only because the economy is so strong. That will change...right now Keystone just does not care as they continue to pump out Units.
Quality issues, sure go buy a new Boat and tow it around the USA at 70mph.
We have learned a LOT from this Forum...thanks to all who have reached out!

You can follow us at: https://campingkonneys.wordpress.com/
Old 01-09-2018, 08:31 AM   #27
Eagleback
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15731
331 rlt, Love it. But i would only look at a Montana and i dont know if this is sacrilege but we also love the SOB, Grand Design Solitude.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:57 AM   #28
adams7806
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18681
We have a 2016 3160RL and love it. We've had a couple of issues that were under warranty and all were taken care of by our dealer. I think finding the right dealer is almost as important as finding the right fiver! The dealer is your advocate when dealing with warranty issues and if they don't care, it won't get done!
Old 01-09-2018, 01:18 PM   #29
BuilderBob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20475
We have a 2017 352RL and it has been a great rig very little problems that I fixed my self. we have had 4 SOB's over the years and with any RV that you tow all around at 60+
on are great roads if you think that there is not going to be some kind of work that needs to be done think aging. We love the layout and the room we have in are 352RL!
Old 01-09-2018, 01:37 PM   #30
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
Based on all of the comments so far there seems to be overwhelming positive experiences by Montana owners. The few that have had problems seem to be a small percentage. For those owners it's unfortunate and hopefully they successfully have the issues taken care of. Thanks to all for posting and we look forward to more responses.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:29 PM   #31
smokeater32
Established Member

M.O.C. #20707
We have had our 340BH since October 2017, and the only minor issue so far was with the entrance door. The factory didn't line the strike plate up just right, so it wouldn't latch correctly. One quick adjustment and all was good to go. We have only made two short trips with it, but will give it a good test in March when we head to Lake Havasu.

Old 03-03-2018, 10:37 AM   #32
LordKurgun
Established Member

M.O.C. #18730
Not Yet

To start out, I’d need to state that I love the floor plan of my 2017 Montana 3790RD.
I bought it when it was 4 months old and I think the price I paid was reasonable for this model and options. The day I brought it home I did a cursory inspection and probably should have done a more thorough job and I might have caught much more issues than I did. I drove it home opened the door and noticed the wine rack cabinet fascia over the stove had fallen off and some trim in the bedroom closet had also fell off. The next day I noticed the screen door latch was miss aligned and was barely making contact with the hook. The day after that I noticed that the Radio/DVD was only installed with 1 screw holding it in place and the radio antenna was still in its wrapped up factory roll. On our first camping trip I found the dining room table was only fastened to 1 of the 2 rails, all the air conditioning duct work was crushed throughout the camper, the knee wall behind the couch was not secured properly to the joining wall, the fender flairs were missing screws and others were loose, a graphic had started to bubble, the bedroom closet door was missing 2 screws of the 4 required on all 3 hinges and the its latch plate was misaligned to the hole so the door would not close properly. Later I found the rear storage doors frames move when closing them, the bedroom thermostat backlight died and the rear heat pump compressor completely stopped working. I brought it to the dealership September 5th and everything was repaired under the warrantee by the beginning of February.

Kinda afraid what I will find on my next camping trip.
Old 03-03-2018, 11:04 AM   #33
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
This thread is a little older and I should update that after the General Manager was brought into the picture at camping world-Little Rock, our camper did in fact get fixed properly. Only complaint/suggestion I have now is Keystone should offer a safety based upgrade package (disc brakes, independent suspension, air ride hitch pin and moyrride entry steps).
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
Old 03-03-2018, 01:42 PM   #34
mwalton
Established Member

M.O.C. #19168
The short answer is Yes, we like our Montana.

The long answer is generally, yes with some qualified no.
Generally the quality of materials has been reasonably good. The quality of construction is a no; has been what I would expect from a large operation that is banging them out to meet production cycles. I will say our dealer has fixed everything that has been an issue under initial warranty or the Easy Care extended warranty.

Would we buy another? Yes, if we could find a floor plan more conducive to our needs. Cookie cutter approach to floor plan is fine, except I think most of the manufacturers use the same designers, just with different fabric or cabinet colors. So we are likely not destined to buy another Montana.

We are looking at a different brand with a floor plan that meets our needs for our next 5th wheel. We are destined to become full timers in 2019 and want something we'll be happy living in with 2 big dogs. The biggest issue for us is room around the bed, without having too turn sideways and scooch along the wall to literally hop in, or having to step up on the landing for the closet space, or step off and twist your ankle. We sleep in a king bed and won't change that so we've found the one that works for us.

Mark
MOC #19168
Old 03-03-2018, 01:57 PM   #35
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
I have to agree that manufacturers seem to have tunnel vision on designs. If Grand design hadn’t stepped out of the box we would have never seen the basement garage hybrids! Seems like all of the designers think only young families have toys! And they think adults with toys are all Harley riders....
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
Old 03-11-2018, 04:25 PM   #36
328RLS
Established Member

M.O.C. #21344
YES!

We've had our Montana for 10 years now, bought it from the original owner (older fella) who never used it. His kids took it out a few times in 3 years, still had protective film on the microwave and tires showed no signs of wear.

Ive never had a major problem with it until now. if you look closely in my photos you can see my montana has seen better days on the outside, there are pieces missing. I am a contractor so one month it may be my mobile home, next my hunting lodge, next my vacation home, etc. Inside is still pretty clean but thats the wife doing :-)

The major issue was the furnace went out recently. other than that just basic maintenance.

Im not sure of the build quality now but I can't imagine its gotten worse (not that theres anything wrong with mine) than when they made mine. They are pretty popular I still see them all the time at the campgrounds.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:25 AM   #37
Frankjg

M.O.C. #21372
MWe have had a Montana for two years and are very unhappy.
Auto leveler not working
Thermostat intermittent
awning intermittent
interior ceiling lites burn out quickly (25 dollars a pop)
Outside door light never worked

Last Montana I will own
Old 03-12-2018, 11:51 AM   #38
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankjg View Post
Auto leveler not working
Thermostat intermittent
awning intermittent

Last Montana I will own
Have you talked to Keystone customer service, Have you talked to lippert re the Auto level issue. What did your dealer say about your problems.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:29 PM   #39
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankjg View Post
Auto leveler not working
Thermostat intermittent
awning intermittent

Last Montana I will own
We are sorry to hear of your problems but those few items simply should have been easily fixed by your dealer under warranty. Nothing unusual In the list that would cause us too much concern.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
Old 03-12-2018, 09:11 PM   #40
millwright01
Established Member

M.O.C. #14527
We love ours still. Not quite full timers yet but we have a date set! Have had 5 RVs and this one has been the best, as expected. We only use it for around 70 nights a year right now but no complaints.

Jason
310RET
Closed Thread