Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #21
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
If you have the thermostat set on Auto, I would change it so the fan runs all the time. That way the air is always circulating. Also, as mentioned, if you have ceiling fans use them as well.

c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #22
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by c214dick

If you have the thermostat set on Auto, I would change it so the fan runs all the time. That way the air is always circulating. Also, as mentioned, if you have ceiling fans use them as well.
Yes that is correct. I failed to state that in my response. Auto just had the system fighting freeze up! Good point!
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #23
Carole
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12726
In reference to all the AC cooling problems, we have a 2013 Mountaineer 358rlt. With 2 AC units. We are now in Gulf Shores, Al in the fill sun, no shade. Found that when the sun is coming in the large back window, of course we pull shades down, but instead of relying on all the air going thru the ceiling vents, we partially opened the quick cool vents on the LR AC therefore forcing most of the air down into the living area. We turn the BR AC. On high and position the air outlets to blow toward the LR area. This has really worked well. Also ran both AC's on high and ran ceiling fan. we've tried several Luther ways, but found this to be the most effective, even when baking potatoes for over an hour. Hated to put shade down when the sun was about to set, but just went outside to watch it. LOL. It's really hard to heat and cool a tin can!
Carole is offline   Reply With Quote