Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2011, 09:25 AM   #1
Drought Buster
Established Member

M.O.C. #11394
Mountaineer/ High Country External Shower

Our new Monatana High Country was advertised as coming with an external shower. But it turns out that it is nothing more than a hose in the utility compartment with hot and cold valves. What are people threading on to the end of the hose to use as a shower head. I like to have my nine year old shower off outside when he is muddy or comes back from the beach and a garden hose sprayer seems a poor choice. But the hose that came with the unit and plugs into the camper is a male threaded end and the shower heads I have found are male threaded. In addition the hose seems to have the same size opening as a garden hose, but the shower heads i have seen seem smaller. Any ideas?

Drought Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:38 AM   #2
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Garden sprayer!!!!!!!
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:22 AM   #3
nosticks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10378
I use a garden sprayer, the 7 type of spray kind.
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #4
arcateq
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10837
Send a message via AIM to arcateq
We were very disappointed in this as well. We have 3yr old twin boys that we like to HOSE down before they come inside after playing in the dirt/sand/mud. I have not found a "shower" attachment so we had to just buy a cheap garden sprayer with the "Shower" setting to attache to the coil hose. Would love to find a quick connect shower hose/head.
arcateq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:29 PM   #5
okierver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11127
i agree. havent had to use ours yet. we have a 20 yr.old daughter so i dont think i would need it for that but it would be nice to find something that would work
okierver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:26 PM   #6
kingdaddy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10966
Haven't even looked at mine (yet). Not really sure if or when I would use it...maybe on our dog (Baxter Beagle)!
Wasn't much of a "selling point" to me, although the salesman tried.
Ya, I would just go ahead and use one of the plastic multi spray nozzles for the garden.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:30 AM   #7
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
I think they call it a "shower" because it has hot water capabilities. I have a hose sprayer from Wally World that cost 3.98 that has multiple settings on the end for shower, flat spray, jet, cone spray etc.
The outdoor shower in the convenience center is what got me into trouble the first year I winterized as I forgot to open and run the pink stuff through. It froze up that winter and I had to replace.
Enjoy you new unit. I love the High Country paint job.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:35 AM   #8
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Keystone must have goofed on ours...we have a shower head on it!
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:44 AM   #9
arcateq
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10837
Send a message via AIM to arcateq
I think the quick connect shower head needs to be invented (I'm sure it has just cant find it online). I think if we had this "option" it would be perfect because i like the hose option as well.

VERY SANDY BOYS!!!
arcateq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:06 PM   #10
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Drought Buster

Our new Monatana High Country was advertised as coming with an external shower. But it turns out that it is nothing more than a hose in the utility compartment with hot and cold valves. What are people threading on to the end of the hose to use as a shower head. I like to have my nine year old shower off outside when he is muddy or comes back from the beach and a garden hose sprayer seems a poor choice. But the hose that came with the unit and plugs into the camper is a male threaded end and the shower heads I have found are male threaded. In addition the hose seems to have the same size opening as a garden hose, but the shower heads i have seen seem smaller. Any ideas?
Our 2004 Montana 3380RL came with a regular outside shower set up. It has a shower head and hot and cold. Maybe you can replace it with the type we have.
Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:16 AM   #11
LuckyNichol
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8615
Wow! We put one of those fancy beer tappers on it. Now I gotta figure out how to keep it cold. Geez.
LuckyNichol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:25 AM   #12
Drought Buster
Established Member

M.O.C. #11394
Ended up finding a garden type sprayer that actually has 7 settings and a push button on/off switch. Other than not being able to mount it in any fashion, it has worked out pretty well. About the same spray pattern and pressure as a shower head, so my son does not mind it at all.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:13 PM   #13
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Hook a short garden hose onto it and take it to your ladder and hook a long shafted garden sprinkler to the hose and the ladder. Works well for shower.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:44 AM   #14
Drought Buster
Established Member

M.O.C. #11394
That sounds like a great idea. Unfortunately, our shower is at the front passenger side of the coach and the ladder is at the rear driver side of the coach. But the long handled sprinkler idea may work and I can fashion a sleve to hold it and mount it in the utility compartment. Thanks for the idea.