Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Pet Palace
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2009, 01:51 PM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Murphy is gone

Our sweet girl Murphy is gone, no more pain, no more shots, She is playing with all her friends that left before her. We will miss her... Dave and Betsy

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:37 PM   #2
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Sorry to hear about Murphy. Like you say no more pain or shots and I hope that will bring some comfort to you.

Mrs Country Guy has a great post called "The Rainbow Bridge" and hopefully she will post it again.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #3
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
Dave and Betsy I am so sorry to hear about murphy. I was thinking about the dogs the other day. I was thinking about taking them out for another walk. Now it will be a memory for me. Take care we love you guys.
Rosetta & George
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:03 PM   #4
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Our prayer are out to you and Betsy. We know Murphy is at peace.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:47 PM   #5
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

When you have a pet for a long time and then
you have to give them up; it isn’t easy.
It’s like loosing a family member!
Old 09-08-2009, 04:01 PM   #6
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
For dear friends Dave and Betsy, in memory of sweet Murphy.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:11 PM   #7
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Dave and Betsy, So sorry to hear about your good friend. She is probably playing with our friend Sam that we had to send to the Rainbow Bridge two years ago. Ya gotta love 'em!!!!

Phil
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:00 PM   #8
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Dave and Betsy, sorry to hear about Murphy. She was a good girl. Last year was our first rally without Magnum. I am sure that Magnum will show her around in that big dog run in the sky. Don't worry, he was always a gentleman.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:10 PM   #9
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
I'm sorry to hear about Murphy. I know how difficult it is to lose such a loved member of the family. I bet Little Bit was there to welcome Murph.
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:13 PM   #10
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Dave and Betsy....So sorry to hear this.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:16 PM   #11
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
Thank you to everyone. It was a very hard day, actually a hard weekend as the appointment was made last Thursday. She got ice cream one morning so she would eat and all the dog cookies she wanted. She also got tuna fish on her food last night and this morning. I know that we did the right thing, but why is the right thing so painful? Dave was making dinner tonight and slid a pan over the grate on the stove and it reminded me of Murph making it known that she needed something or was in pain. I have been so attuned to her pain and needs for so long that it will be hard habit to break. The good news is that it is supposed to start raining tomorrow and throughout the rest of the week and she will not be in pain with her arthritis. I keep waiting to hear her snoring on the couch but Beau is a quiet sleeper so there is no snoring. There is a hole that feels like it will never be filled.
She went quietly, although she was a little freaked out when the vet shaved her leg over the vein he was going to use. She was shaking and it was hard to get her settled down, but we finally did and she just went to sleep quietly. The vet's office has a room just for that job, quiet, with a big leather couch and ottoman for the dog. She decided to lay on the floor and we sat with her while she went on her way. I know she is up there tormenting Truman (our other lab that she tormented when he was alive) and playing with no pain. It is small consolation at this point.
labmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:28 PM   #12
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
So sorry you lost Murphy.
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:57 PM   #13
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Dave and Betsy,
We are sorry for your loss but know that you did the right thing.

Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:04 PM   #14
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Thank you everyone for your kind words and thoughts. I had forgotten about Rainbow Bridge. Murphy is now playing with Truman, Dimmy, and Bear, all of her predecessors. She was such a funny dog, she used to snort like a pig when walking through the woods. We thought she was hunting truffles. She snored like a drunken sailor and her favorite place to sit was in the corner of the couch in her "bar hog pose" with one of her front paws draped over the back of the sofa. When she was a puppy she used to have "tantrums" when she didn't get the toy she wanted, rolling on the floor and howling at the top of her lungs. The last year or so she and Beau would lay on the floor nose to nose and howl at each other while gnawing on each others noses. Yes she will be missed both by us and by Beau. Beau is now the "Alpha" dog and has the couch all to himself. He is sleeping soundly and will probably be chasing Murph in his dreams tonight. He does that very often, some nights he will be sound asleep and will let out a long low howl. We still have him to help us through the loss of the brown dog and we will do well with him... Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:50 AM   #15
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Dave & Betsy,
We just went through the same experience with Kelsey, this past week,she was 16. She was a family pet. We decided to spread her ashes at Clearlake this weekend. She loved the lake and any time she swam, it was always in a right circle. She also loved to chew on river rocks and brought them into the house.
For her memorial, we had all the kids and their families up to the lake. We took her ashes and a rock on the boat and headed out in front of our place. We drove in a right circle while we said our final goodbys, dropped the ashes followed by the rock into the lake. Within a few seconds of dropping the rock a large wave (very rare for this lake), hit the front of the boat and soaked everyone aboared. Kelsey's way of saying goodby....

Murph will always be in your heart...just as Kelsey is in ours.
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:57 AM   #16
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Dave and Betsy,

It is really hard to let a best friend go. Knowing you have done the right thing still hurts, but on the flip side the knowledge that they are pain free has put a smile on my face several times. It was good talking to Dave by mistake this weekend. We hope to cross paths with you guys somewhere down the road. Beau sounds like he will be a big comfort to both of you, as well as you to him.

Sorry for your loss.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:41 AM   #17
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Betsy and Dave,
So sorry for your loss. I lost my Millie (15) last fall under similar circumstances. Rainbow Bridge is a comforting thought and with your friend Beau you will get thru and remember all the good times. I still face things that remind me of Millie, but they bring the wonderful memories of the fun we had with her.
God Bless,
Vickie
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:46 AM   #18
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Dave and Betsy, she was such a sweet girl and I know you are going to miss her. Our Cindy is up there welcoming her along with all the other dog friends mentioned. We had to make the same decision, and it's hard, but better for her.

Be well and we'll see you at the rally.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:06 PM   #19
bjj5633
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9546
We do not know you Guy's but, we are sorry you lost your pal murphy,we had to put our golden down 3 years ago and it was like losing a family member. Take care.
bjj5633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #20
ehmcfarl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8206
I had to let my old Pom go three years ago. It still brings a tear to my eye when I read of someone else losing their beloved pet. I believe that is the way God feels about us when we are lost. I'll remember you and your pain in my prayers tonight.
ehmcfarl is offline   Reply With Quote