Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2005, 02:15 PM   #1
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Billings KOA

Has anyone seen the thread on the RV.Net or the Escapees.Com forums about the letter Carol Linde wrote to the Billings Gazette. I have been following it for the last several days. Check it out. I sure crossed them off our list of places to stay. But then again I already had crossed them off after staying there this summer and paying $46.00 for a real bad spot for one night, 2 people. They wanted more when my grandson came to pick us up to go to dinner. NOT.
It's an easy link to find. Lots of action.
Helen

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 05:13 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Helen,
I have not stayed at the Billings, KOA but have in the Wal-Mart parking lot in Billings instead. I liked the wal mart parking cost of FREE vs. $46.00 for a nite, will sure not be staying there any time soon.
Dave
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 12:07 PM   #3
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Did read it...pretty bad attitude and point of view, especially if she, as it appears from the editorial and the thread on RV.net, is the proprieter of the KOA. I'm sure that her view will do more harm than good for her business, in the long run.

We did stay at the Billings KOA last year for a couple of days...it was clean and neat, very nice hookup, but quite expensive, as noted above.

Best,
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 04:05 AM   #4
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
This was the place we warned you all about last year. They were so busy selling chicken BBQ to the locals that they hardly had time to check us in and take our $$$. The first site they gave us nearly ate the Monty's AC despite the fact that we had told them we needed 13' clearance. When Pat went back to say we needed help to disengage the camper they told her she could deal with it herself. When she announced she would saw off the offending branch they decided helping us would be prudent. The next site was too short for the Monty. The third site was inaccessible due to trucks parked in the roadway. Three strikes and you're out with us. We demanded our money back and headed on down the road to a smaller and friendlier campground in the next town.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote