Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2007, 04:37 AM   #1
CampingCrazyShirley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6271
By-pass not working right

Has anyone had trouble with the hot water heater bypass not working properly when winterizing? We winterized this weekend and part of the anti-freeze went into the hot water heater. We only found out because the plug was out and it started dripping on the ground. Last year we didn't have this problem. The bypass switch was on and the switch was flipped to winterize. Thanks for your help.

Cheryl

CampingCrazyShirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:47 AM   #2
bw2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5592
I am checking on exactly the same thing. I believe mine may be partially open as I could not get the pump to draw the anitfreeze. I had to disconnect the hose from the pump to the valve and run it direct to the pump.

It looks as though I may need to replace the valve.

bw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:35 AM   #3
waldo238
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7818
I just got mine from the dealer, He did put water in the system and fill the hot water tank thinking I might use it this year. I drained all the water from the low points and the water heater. I also had a hard time getting the pump to pick up the antifreeze also. Being that the system had never been primed before made it really tough so I helped it along by cracking open the low point drains a couple of time's along with the washer dryer hook ups and bang that took care of the problem.
waldo238 is offline   Reply With Quote