Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Workamping
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2006, 10:52 AM   #41
Bill Frisbee
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4493
The best information I can find is that a man named Jim Rogers is President and CEO of KOA, Inc. The email address I have for Mr. Rogers is:

jrogers@koa.net

Because I am stubborn, I would call KOA headquarters in Billings to determine whether Mr. Rogers is still "the boss" and whether the email address above is accurate. If he is (and it is), I would forward the entire story - including the response you received from his HR person - to Mr Rogers (or whomever is currently the CEO) along with the fact that your "KOA story" has been and continues to be widely discussed on the internet. If you get the same response from Rogers that you got from his staff flunky (or no response), then we know a great deal more about the sort of corporation that KOA REALLY is. Companies that are un-responsive to customers' complaints typically pay a high price. If Mr. Rogers is smart enough to be CEO of KOA, he ought to know that.

Bill

Bill Frisbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:34 PM   #42
houseof many dogs
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #854
Don't count on the CEO of KOA being on of "the best and the brightest", my experience tells me most CEO's seldom are!
houseof many dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 06:45 PM   #43
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
John and Betsy
I'm sure there are some CEO's or retired CEO's on the forum that would disagree with you!
Happy trails..........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:15 PM   #44
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I know you did not mean that about ALL CEO's..My son-in-law is a CEO and My daughter is a CFO (chief financial officer) of a company and they are kind of nice folks.Sort of bright also.//////
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:50 PM   #45
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
Yea, my Mama was a CEO, and she's a saint!
Sweetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 03:32 PM   #46
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
Melody & Kevin,
I was joking about my Mama being a CEO. I didn't mean to end your thread. How are things working out for you?
Old 06-20-2006, 01:31 PM   #47
Montana_2005
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2005
Things are going fair. We both have jobs now, and the monty is over in Akron supposedly getting ALL the warranty issues addressed.. The guy we talked to a week ago Sat was very nice, and understanding... personally looked at EACH of the issues we had, and wrote them up. We are waiting a call back, and are looking forward to getting our soon to be former home back in absolutely perfect condition. Now we need to find a buyer for this loaded up full timer rig. If you know anyone who would like to just back up and hook on and be ready to go with a 3295 less than a year old and with all the peripherals.... let us know. I'm even going to sell my cute little washer/dryer combo, and the bedroom TV with it. You could say it's had it's shake down cruise, and will be ready to rock and roll.
Montana_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 05:11 PM   #48
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
So you're selling your Montana?
Old 06-21-2006, 07:51 AM   #49
Montana_2005
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2005
yep
won't be able to afford to keep it if we have to rent a house as well.
And I will need a car as well... and so on it goes...
Old 06-23-2006, 06:20 AM   #50
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
I'm sorry things didn't work out the way you hoped. Good luck, I hope the future is kind to you.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:26 PM   #51
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Mel, I'm sorry to hear how this is all turning out for you. I hope maybe things will fall into place in a positive manner for you. You've had your share of bad.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:25 AM   #52
Montana_2005
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2005
Things would definately turn for the better if I could find someone to take "monty" very soon, so we could afford housing before winter... and who would love it as much as we have.
Found out what the leak was... everything fixed.. Akron dealer is GREAT
Old 06-26-2006, 02:17 PM   #53
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
It might be a good Idea to check with the dealer where your Montana was repaired and find out what he would sell it for, on consignment. Dealers have a lot of traffic through their lot and you might have a better chance. To bad your FULL TIMING BUBBLE has been broken. About ninety percent of the full time work campers I know and or have met were totally happy - I know several that workcamp here in Kansas at the reservoirs and then in the fall head to the rio grande valley to workcamp there. They love the life, however they are all retired so they have an additional income from their retirement. Your both 41 years old - so I don't know if your retired or not. It's ruff to be full time with no income other that what the workcamp's pay.
If your selling your MONTY, I will give you some advice. I looked at several used Monty's prior to buying our new one. and some were just under a year old. We could have bought a few for a song, however they STUNK so bad from Pet urine and being lived in and not clean I would not have touched them if they would have give it to me. Make sure your unit is ULTRA CLEAN and smelling fresh. You have to remember that buyer will only walk through one time. Thats the time you have to get him..
GOOD LUCK
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:41 PM   #54
Montana_2005
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2005
Ours has lost the new car smell, but it doesn't smell of cat pee and garlic by any means. It is virtually as clean as the day we brought it home. The carpets are cleaned (I have rug doc'd them three times since I have owned them. the windows and exterior are clean, we don't smoke... etc etc.
I don't know if we can consign it under the circumstances. I don't think we have the bucks to pay for it, and rental and the truck.
No we are not retired, although thanks to this I am having to break into my 401 (at a 20% penalty).
I guess we should call or email over to Akron and see. PPL trailers is out, I definately can't haul it to Houston.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:47 PM   #55
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Sorry to hear of your financial problems. How about advertising it on the Montana site as they have one for people selling their rigs. Can't hurt.
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:10 AM   #56
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
So sorry to hear about the problem with KOA.
Couldn't you keep the Monty and live in it instead of renting something? Some people do live in their Monty's in cold climates. Wouldn't that be cheaper than renting a house or apartment? And you could keep your Monty.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 04:29 PM   #57
WACOT
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1946
Have you thought about working for the Army Corps of Engineers as gate attendants. You bid through the federal system and get a free site while you work plus pay. We bid on three different parks here in texas and had a winner at one of those, start on oct 1. Wacot
WACOT is offline   Reply With Quote