Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2006, 01:50 PM   #1
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
Discounts at Texas and New Mexico RV Parks

I just picked up the free Texas-New Mexico 2006 RV Travel and Camping Guide that is put out by the Texas Association of Campground Owners. Inside is a free discount pass for up to 15%. The discount card is also available by emailing to tacoexec@swbell.net or call 1-800-657-6555.

F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 05:01 AM   #2
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
Thank you! I think we did find one of those in '03 at a rest area and used it. Seems to me it is good for a whole year. We always stop right after getting into a new state and in their welcome booklet you can find good deals on camping - in Nebraska we found one that advertised $10 a night so stopped - they wanted to charge 15 - 20, we showed them the book and they honored it, it was a nice park and even had phone service to each camp site. In TX on 285 at Goodnight (I think) there is a real nice park Ye Old Cotton Gin (it is in TL) that has phone, free laundry, breakfast at least in '03. - a nice quiet place!

Safe travels.
Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 04:00 PM   #3
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Close, but here is the exact: Ole Town Cotton Gin RV park at Goodlett, Texas (near Quannah). Very nice, we stay there often on our way to or from Colorado. It is on US 287 between Wichita Falls and Amarillo, Texas.

Another nice, but different, choice is at Vernon, Texas: the Rocking A RV Park. Not as new or "organized", but with a very nice swimming pool and nice managers.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:12 PM   #4
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
Thanks for the correction - I should look up my facts instead of trusting my memory. LOL Love the rest areas on that hwy!

Safe travels.
Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 02:26 AM   #5
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Those two "county" rest area are the best I have ever seen, and they both have excellent (and free) WIFI. We often stop at one or both just to get online. Wouldn't it be great if more states would follow the Texas example!

ASIDE I am posting this message from the Stone Mountain Park near Atlanta, GA. We have a delightful site with excellent WIFI (NOT FREE). We got personal assistance from the campground manager when he observed us struggling with a very unlevel site. He helped us to find this far better site by personally handling the change. We had to fully set up and hook up all over again but in the end it was worth it. ASIDE OUT
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote