Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2010, 08:56 AM   #1
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
weather strip replacement

The rubber strip at the rear of the curb side slide needs to be replaced as it is torn. It looks like it slides into a metal holder from the bottom to top. This is the round strip that seals the slide when it is closed, not the larger sqeegee typ slide. I thought I would ask first before I tear it out and only after I get a replacement.

Before I contact my dealer to order the part, has anyone replaced their rubber strip? Is it best left to the dealer or is it reasonably easy to do?

Thanks

c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:16 AM   #2
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
With a ladder ... easy to replace. The old seal slides out the aluminum extrusion ... new seal slides back in. If it seems to want to slide down just slightly squeeze the extrusion with a pair of pliers in a couple of places.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:39 AM   #3
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
Dick,
I just replaced one vertical seal. It is called bulb seal. A dealer can order it from Keystone if they don't have it in stock. It was maybe $8 for 9' and about $11 shipping. I could not find it online.

The corner trim pieces top and bottom can be removed by removing the three screws and the bulb seal will slide out. One of the screws for the corner trim is holding the bulb seal in place at the top and the bottom. The screws are different lengths, pay attention to those lengths.

Joe
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:21 PM   #4
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Thanks to both. I did take in a sample to the dealer who has ordered it. He said about $1 per foot. I found a total of three sections that have tears in them so I ordered enough to replace them and have 8' left over "just in case".
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote